Private transfer arrangements in St. Thomas to Red Hook?

vshep

Will be on Star Princess and in port in St. Thomas February 9 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Will go to Cinnamon Bay via Red Hook Ferry. We want to try to make the 9 a.m. ferry and therefore do not want to wait for a taxi to fill up (this took awhile when we were in St. Thomas before). We can make private arrangements through Airforce1fun; however what time can I arrange for pick-up? Unsure of how long it will take to get off the ship in the morning. Princess tells me it can take 3 1/2 hours? This doesn't seem right. Prior stop will be in San Juan so I do not think we will have to clear customs?

Also, would like to stay in St. John as long as possible. Would we be pushing it to take the 4 p.m. ferry back and be back to ship for boarding by 5:30? Thank you for any input.

Taking the 4:00 ferry will be pushing it a bit. You'll be arriving back in Charlotte Amalie right around rush hour: folks going home from work and other passengers in taxis trying to get back to their ships. There's no telling how bad the traffic will be at that time of day. The area near Havensight can get crazy.

Archived