Grand Turk beach by Margaritaville

dawnprincess

Hi,

My question is about the beach and pool area that was created at the Cruise Center with Margaritaville, etc. On the photos shown on the Margaritaville website it seems that there are some umbrellas around the pool. I know the loungers are free but is there a way of renting an umbrella? Or is there any shade source you know of? Thanks!

Well a little exploration of the above website gave me the answer to my question -- thought other folks might be interested as well.

"Guests can swim in the sparkling ocean waters or in one of the largest pools in the Caribbean, stroll along the idyllic beach, relax in a complimentary chaise lounge or rent a private poolside cabana for the day. There is also an equipment rental location on the beach where guests can rent clam shell shade, floats, and snorkeling equipment. Snorkelers can explore the Reef Balls that were placed in front of the cruise center in fall 2008 in addition to old anchors and a huge 18th century cannon. There is also a beach side massage service that is sure to melt away any tension one may have."

• 4 weeks later...

Nancy....also you can get loungers with umbrellas for no charge you just have to get there at the right time.........kinda watch people....if they look like they are getting ready to leave move closer then when they go swoop in...........

Lee

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know the last I heard, the cabanas did indeed exist but were destroyed by a hurricane. They are currently being rebuilt but according to people who were there recently, they are not up yet. However, they are available in Half Moon Cay (if you happen to be doing the same itinerary as us).

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Grand Turk last November as one of the first cruise ships allowed to dock after the hurricane.

The cabanas were not yet restored. However, the island had been replanted with plenty of palm trees that lined the beach near Margaritaville. The lounge chairs were plentiful and the trees provided many shady spots. Both chairs and trees were free to use.

We were the only ship in port that day. There was no problem finding a spot to relax.

Someone over on the Princess board reported that the new cabanas are almost finished. Now, remembering that they are being rebuilt on Caribbean time, that could mean they will be ready by next week or next year. ;)

As for umbrellas by the pool, that is a first come first serve thing. And I mean they go fast. So, if you want a table with an umbrella, run don't walk off your ship to be one of the first ones there. ;)

Archived