For a change, something positive

tatay

With all the negative post I have seen lately regarding CCL (missed flight booked thru CCL/dirt not being picked up/running out of coffee, etc), I would like to add a little something positive.

We sailed on the Valor last year. A couple of months prior to sailing I contacted customer service via e-mail, just to ask if they do anything special for couples celebrating their anniversary and what I can do to make our anniversary somewhat special. I was told that they don’t do that anymore but suggested the supper club and maybe the “his & her spa”. I replied and thanked her for her reply and suggestions. The customer representative replied back and said that she will arrange a bottle of champagne to be in our cabin.

2 days into the cruise, there was still no sight of the champagne. I thought is was probably missed / forgotten due to the time between our e-mails and our actual cruise. I happened to bump into the CD so I told him about it. He asked how many were in our party; I told him there’s 17 of us. He said he could not do 17 but said that he can reserve 8 front seats for any show of our choice.

When we got to the show, we felt so special with the CD there to greet us and we were ushered to our front row reserved seats. Then one of the CD’s assistant arrived with champagne and glasses. I thought that the CD went beyond what I was expecting. :)

Please feel free to add your positive experience with CCL.

With all the negative post I have seen lately regarding CCL (missed flight booked thru CCL/dirt not being picked up/running out of coffee, etc), I would like to add a little something positive.

We sailed on the Valor last year. A couple of months prior to sailing I contacted customer service via e-mail, just to ask if they do anything special for couples celebrating their anniversary and what I can do to make our anniversary somewhat special. I was told that they don’t do that anymore but suggested the supper club and maybe the “his & her spa”. I replied and thanked her for her reply and suggestions. The customer representative replied back and said that she will arrange a bottle of champagne to be in our cabin.

2 days into the cruise, there was still no sight of the champagne. I thought is was probably missed / forgotten due to the time between our e-mails and our actual cruise. I happened to bump into the CD so I told him about it. He asked how many were in our party; I told him there’s 17 of us. He said he could not do 17 but said that he can reserve 8 front seats for any show of our choice.

When we got to the show, we felt so special with the CD there to greet us and we were ushered to our front row reserved seats. Then one of the CD’s assistant arrived with champagne and glasses. I thought that the CD went beyond what I was expecting. :)

Thanks for sharing the story.

Who was the CD then?

Things of this type are more common than one might think. The cruise directors often go above and beyond to make a cruise special...

:)

What a great story :D, and what a great idea to put this thread up.

On our last cruise, the CD (John Heald) sent my husband and I a bottle of champagne, a fruit basket and Ship On A Stick for our 45th anniversary.

I think there are a lot more good stories out there than bad.

On our first cruise our son bought a lighter in one of the ports (it was empty). He was playing with it while getting onto the elevator. It fell down between the crack and he was so upset. We went to the purser's desk and told them. They actually stopped the elevator and sent somebody down to retrieve the lighter for him. We were so impressed and wrote a letter praising the man who took time to do this for our son.

What a great story :D, and what a great idea to put this thread up.

On our last cruise, the CD (John Heald) sent my husband and I a bottle of champagne, a fruit basket and Ship On A Stick for our 45th anniversary.

I think there are a lot more good stories out there than bad.

Oooo... I wonder if we can get a ship on a stick for our 25th next week?

John? You listening? Can you send Big Tex an e-mail for me? :rolleyes: :D

Oooo... I wonder if we can get a ship on a stick for our 25th next week?

John? You listening? Can you send Big Tex an e-mail for me? :rolleyes: :D

Actually John helped with our CC Meet & Greet. He had asked me to send him a note when we boarded the ship to remind him to set it up and to put it in the Capers. He knew, as I had posted on his blog, that we were celebrating our 45th, but I did say something in my letter about it. So, not only did he give us a free room for our M & G with coffee and water, but we received the gifts in our Stateroom. John really did go out of his way to make our cruise very special.

Write the CD a note before you go on your cruise and leave it at the Purser's desk when you get on the ship.

Happy Anniversary and have a woderful cruise.

Archived