AF VS AC--- 3 in a cabin

sunryz710

Has anyone stayed in a min suite with more than 2 people?

There will be 3 of us.. Wondering how uncomfortable it is with 3 in an AF.

Can anyone tell me what the arrangement would be..? I assume a pull out couch?

Do you think 1k more is worth the upgrade to AC? I can imagine being in the cabin too much.. but want to be able to sleep comfortable.. any info on the difference ion sleeping arrangments would be very helpful.

It will be almost wall to wall beds. If you do not desire the perks the penthouses receive, or don't think they are worth the extra price, I would be happy with the mini-suite or balcony cabins. With the mini-suite there is a full sized bath tub, with a balcony there is a shower instead. Plus the mini suite is a larger cabin than a balcony. Ask your room steward for a egg crate, the couch won't be very comfortable without.

If you only want a place to sleep, a mini suite will do just fine. On the other hand if you wish to live more in the cabin with the perks included, go for the penthouse.

A mini-suite AF can sleep 3 passengers, I don't think there are any penthouse suites AC that sleep more than 2 passengers.

A mini-suite will have a pull out couch for the third passenger. Note there is a curtain that can be used to divide the areas between the bed area and the couch area.

prl_cabin_MiniSte_AF.jpg

PEARL-MINI-ST-01.gif

A mini-suite AF can sleep 3 passengers, I don't think there are any penthouse suites AC that sleep more than 2 passengers.

A mini-suite will have a pull out couch for the third passenger. Note there is a curtain that can be used to divide the areas between the bed area and the couch area.

prl_cabin_MiniSte_AF.jpg

PEARL-MINI-ST-01.gif

The AC on the Sun can sleep up to four, i believe. It's a totally different cabin than the ACs on the newer ships. if it's the Sun you are looking at, the AC is leaps above the AF.

Robin

The AC on the Sun can sleep up to four, i believe. It's a totally different cabin than the ACs on the newer ships. if it's the Sun you are looking at, the AC is leaps above the AF. Robin

True. But the OP will be sailing on the Dawn, as indicated in their signature.

countdown.pl?name=sunryz710&date=10-11-2009&image=Beach-2&text=Soon%20I

We stayed in an AC on the Jade and the couch did not pull out but I don't know if the AC on the ship you are sailing on is the same setup. Three in an AF should be ok but you will want to undo the bed during the day to have room to move around. It may be tight getting to the balcony with the bed pulled out. We have been in the AF on the Star and the Jewel. If you are concerned about space for three consider the AB - you can definitely sleep three in there.

Do you think 1k more is worth the upgrade to AC? I can imagine being in the cabin too much.. but want to be able to sleep comfortable.. any info on the difference ion sleeping arrangments would be very helpful.

AC's on the Dawn do not sleep more then 2 people. You would have to upgrade to at least an AB and the price difference is tremendous.

Btw, that's one of my pet peeves with NCL. You can jam 4 people in a small inside room, yet a suite will only hold two? If you are sailing with 3 people, it makes the costs of moving up to a suite almost impossible when you look at the price.

CG

AC's on the Dawn do not sleep more then 2 people. You would have to upgrade to at least an AB and the price difference is tremendous.

Btw, that's one of my pet peeves with NCL. You can jam 4 people in a small inside room, yet a suite will only hold two? If you are sailing with 3 people, it makes the costs of moving up to a suite almost impossible when you look at the price.

CG

I just recently bought that up to NCL how if they put in a sofa bed, that could fit 3 in the smaller suites/ Just a change of furniture would do.

Diane in Music City

We had a similar experience...2 years ago, had 4 in an AF on the Jewel, and we managed...although you pretty much had to step on the sofa bed to get to the balcony. This spring, my Mom & I had an AE on the Jade reserved, then my son decided to join us...you guessed, it--we had to upgrade to an AB. OK, so we didn't HAVE to upgrade, I chose to. I also brought it up to the person I talked to, and suggested she mention to her management that it made no sense that AC or AD, or AE could not accomodate us. As it worked out, the price of the AB dropped $500 pp, and now I am quite happy I have the AB. But still, you have more space but can not hold a third person?

Oh well,

Jane

Archived