planning to take cruise

babynurse13

Hi everyone. Would love all advice. We are newbies, never have been on a cruise. We are considering a Disney 3 or 4 day Bahama cruise with our son, 3 yo, and Grandma (not a very active person) in June. We have several questions.

1. Which room should we book on the ship? We prefer quiet. Should we book 2 rooms or a suite?

2. Is it better to take the 3 or 4 day cruise?

3. how is the snorkeling?

4. Has anyone ever used the "babysitting" service aboard the cruiseline?

5. Who should we book it through?

I will also search the boards. Definitely out of our comfort zone and would love all advice. thank you.

Maria

Hi everyone. Would love all advice. We are newbies, never have been on a cruise. We are considering a Disney 3 or 4 day Bahama cruise with our son, 3 yo, and Grandma (not a very active person) in June. We have several questions.

1. Which room should we book on the ship? We prefer quiet. Should we book 2 rooms or a suite?

I will also search the boards. Definitely out of our comfort zone and would love all advice. thank you.

Maria

I am not sure on which cat or how many you should get, but I will say that most of the rooms, are quiet. The noise you will hear is usually other guests coming and going from there rooms, and if you are close to the midship elevators, youll here and increase during show and dinner times. Another place to avoid would be the lower decks,(1-3) closest to the bow and stern as you are over the thrusters and you will hear them when the ship docks or undocks.

My personal preference is at least a 4 day. You ll hear that there is nothing wrong with the 3 day, but to me and several others, it all seems rushed, from the time the ship leaves port to the time you come home.By that I mean that the ship will run at close to her max speed to get to Nassau, then leave run quick to CC then run quick to PC.On the 4 day it seems much more relaxed, especially with the day at sea. Another big advantage of the 4 day, is that should something happen, with the ship not able to make a port, they can juggle the schedule to get in.Cant really do that on the 3 day.Also, this is something I just noticed on my last 4 day is that on Mon at Nassau, the Wonder is the only ship in town. You have the run of the island without several thousand other guests on it from other lines.

The snorkeling at CC is pristine and one of the best I have seen. Disney has gone thru great lengths to provide a habitat for sea life to stay in the waters in the dedicated snorkeling beach.Also, they provide the gear at a nominal fee, however I take my own.

Heres some pics of my last trip last Sept.

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

PICT0048.jpg

That I cant answer as my kids are older.

I would book thru the agency with the best deals. Search around a little bit as the price may be the same, however group A may give you an 50 dollar onboard credit, while someone else may give you money off a shore excursion.

Check around a ittle bit and see who has what to offer.

Get the 4 day cruise. The 3 nighter goes by too fast and you'll wish you had booked the longer one.

Booking two rooms gets you two bathrooms --- always a plus in my family.

Have a great cruise. You'll love Disney. One cruise w/ them and we were hooked!

hi! im new to disney cruising but i've crusied with royal caribbean three times and believe me YOU'RE GOING TO BE HOOKED! as far as the rooms i would go with two, not the suite unless money is just no object...in my opinion the two rooms are a lot better deal! as far as three or four nights im taking a three night because one of the only weeks we could go (Thanksgiving) the four night was close to a $1000 higher (total) than the three! but if you're sailing during an off peak time when the price difference wouldnt be that vast i would definetely go with the four! have fun and bring on the awesome!

We cruised in Jan with our 3 yo and 1 yo. Our 3yo son absolutely loved the oceaneer club. we could barely get him out of there and formed great relationships with the counselors (we are headed over in a couple weeks to have breakfast/lunch with one of them while the Magic is in PC on saturday). They take great care of the kids. If your son is 3 and potty-trained he can go in the club. They show them where the bathroom is when they first check in every time so that was a plus for us as our son was just new to being potty-trained at the time.

We also used the babysitting service for our daughter. She did fine in there, they change diapers unlike many 'nursery' services which means you can leave them and not worry about it. we felt like they took great care of our kids.

They also give you a pager in case they need to contact you. The only time ours rang was when the OC club staff wanted to let us know they booked us in Palo and arranged babysitting for us.

We're going back in May and our son is very excited about going back to 'his' club.

Archived