Review: Liberty of the Seas April 4-11 Western

We are going to be on the LOS in October. We are going to be in Miami on Thursday and Friday. We are staying at the Marriott. Could you tell me if you seen that hotel and if it is walking distance of the Bayside Market. Thank you so much for the review I loved it. Your family looks great and I would love to sqeeze you grandson.

Thanks for the review! We were actually on Liberty when you saw her pull into Miami on the 4th :) I miss her dearly! Nice to read about the western cruise! Having done Mariner, Freedom (x2) and Liberty east it's time to go back west!

We are going to be on the LOS in October. We are going to be in Miami on Thursday and Friday. We are staying at the Marriott. Could you tell me if you seen that hotel and if it is walking distance of the Bayside Market. Thank you so much for the review I loved it. Your family looks great and I would love to sqeeze you grandson.

If you are talking about the Marriott Courtyard Downtown it is a couple blocks behind the Holiday Inn. You could do the walk but there is also the FREE people mover ( I think it is the Metro Mover or something like that) that has a stop very close to that hotel. You would then get off at the College/Bayside Station.

Personally I think it would be just as easy to walk but if you have someone in your group that wouldn't be able to walk it the metro mover would be a good option.

I think there is a Marriott that is farther away so hopefully you are talking about the one I mentioned above.

For anyone interested the Intercontinental is very close to Bayside as well but it is separated with a park. Even though it is a much nicer hotel than the Holiday Inn I would probably stay at the Holiday Inn again next time we are in Miami. It was so convenient being directly across the street from Bayside that we went there several times a day. Sometimes we didn't go until way after dark. I don't know a whole lot about Miami so although the park between the Intercontinental and Bayside looked completely safe during the day I would be more hesitate to walk it at night.

Thank you so much for a wonderful review and beautiful pictures.

After reading your review now I'm rethinking getting a mini van for our family of 7. We probably won't have that many luggage but my older kids tend to want to take their whole closet when travelling. We'll probably get 2 cars instead because the larger vans are a lot more expensive.

Thanks for posting the great review/pictures. We will be doing the same itinerary on the Liberty in October with our daughter (who will be 20 months old by then), so I really enjoyed the pictures/notes about your grandson who is around the same age. Sounds like your family had a wonderful cruise!

we leave this Saturday on Liberty and I am now even more excited to leave after reading your review - if that is even possible! LOL Great photos and review thank you so much for sharing!

You mentioned bugs at Bayside at night, guess I should pack some Off huh?

What a great review, thank you, we are excited. We cannot wait to leave, 122 days & the entire summer to go.....

Was there a mystery dinner on your sailing? We would like to try the specialty restaurants but I am not sure which nights to choose, any suggestions? Did you need to make reservations for Johnny Rockets?

Thanks for the great review and the pictures. I will be going on the LOS Western Itin. in 3 weeks, only thing we will be stopping in Ocho Rios instead of Mobay. I was thinking of doing Margaritaville in Ocho Rios, since I have been to Ocho Rios for a land based vacation already, Dunns river Falls been there done that, so it will be a lazy shopping day and lounging. I hope the one in Ocho Rios is as much fun as the one in Montego Bay looks. :)

What a great review, thank you, we are excited. We cannot wait to leave, 122 days & the entire summer to go.....

Was there a mystery dinner on your sailing? We would like to try the specialty restaurants but I am not sure which nights to choose, any suggestions? Did you need to make reservations for Johnny Rockets?

I didn't see anything about the mystery dinner but that doesn't mean it wasn't there! I'll check the compasses and see if I can find something. (I'm still trying to get them downloaded and posted). I'll also look over the compass and see if I can remember any nights that weren't so hot in the dining room. We never had a problem finding something appealing but I do remember some nights were definitely better than others.

We didn't need a reservation for Johnny Rockets and we were able to sit down right away. I do remember a couple times on sea days that there was a line to get a table. They were giving out beepers for you to return when they had a table for you.

Another thing I thought of but forgot to mention was that there were no hand sanitizers out until Thursday.

When we went to get breakfast in the windjammer before Cozumel they were standing at the doorway handing out wipes. They also had the jell out when we were getting back on the ship from Cozumel.

The remainder of the cruise we were handed a wipe when entering the windjammer.

Thanks for the great review and the pictures. I will be going on the LOS Western Itin. in 3 weeks, only thing we will be stopping in Ocho Rios instead of Mobay. I was thinking of doing Margaritaville in Ocho Rios, since I have been to Ocho Rios for a land based vacation already, Dunns river Falls been there done that, so it will be a lazy shopping day and lounging. I hope the one in Ocho Rios is as much fun as the one in Montego Bay looks. :)

I didn't even notice that! We'll be in Ocho Rios as well. I'll let you know how it goes.

Wow ! What a Great Review ! :D

I loved Liberty of the Seas when I sailed her in Jan 2008.

You have a beautiful family, and it sound like you had a great Cruise !

Thanks for your review and all of the great pics ! !

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

This is the best review yet (from all the "best" reviews here on CC.com) that I've read.

Thanks - you've made my prep for my Western Carib. on the Liberty in Aug so much less stressful!

• 4 years later...