Passport received

kcep02

I applied for my passport on April 3 and I got it in the mail today (April 18). I didn't pay for expedited services. I am surprised at how fast I got it back.

The passport processing center has had a much quicker turn around as of late due to the state of the economy. International travel has seen a massive decline (like most markets)

Unfortunately, its a sign of the times...:(

I did mine on April 11 and online says estimated date of receipt May 3 which is about 3 weeks even though they tell you 5-6 weeks at time of processing. Maybe we'll get ours next weekend. It won't matter since we know we've done it early enough to beat the June 1 mad rush.

Has anyone tried the online passport tracking? I put my info in, but it says there is no record found. Is this common? It has been four weeks.

Never tried it as my passport application was processed in one week. The "no record found" is a matter worth checking into.

Autonoz I'm in the same situation. I applied for mine on March 30th & there is no record of it on the status checker. I didn't expect to have it by now but would expect to be able to track it. I think it says it must be at least 7 days since you applied before you can even check it, but it's obviously been longer than that. Guess I'll be making a phone call on Monday!

When we got ours (in 2007 when SO many were getting them) DH's arrived in 9 days. DS's and mine 12 days. DD's took nearly 2 months in 2006.

Sometimes they are quick - sometimes they are not.

Never found any of them by checking the tracker, by the way...

Has anyone tried the online passport tracking? I put my info in, but it says there is no record found. Is this common? It has been four weeks.

I checked my sister's application almost daily and it always said 'No record found', even after she got it in the mail.

My husband I just renewed our passports and it took 2 weeks. Same day we renewed ours we applied for one for our 17 year old daughter at the local post office, our closest passport agency. We were both with her and were ready to sign the application and postal worker said she doesn't need parental signatures to apply. :confused: I said she is a minor, we have to sign. He would not let us sign. I argued with him that we needed to sign and he said it was a 10yr. passport at the adult rate so no signature needed. 1 week after we got our passports in the mail we got a letter from the Department of State saying we needed written parental consent, copies of our drivers license and/or passports. Needless to say I phoned the idiot at the post office and gave him my 2 cents. :mad: He still argued that the letter was wrong and we didn't need to give consent. Our trip is not untill August, glad we applied early!

We applied for ours at the local post office on April 10th. I ended up having to call because the online checking was down for maintenance. I was informed that I did not need to expedite it as the expected date to receive it is April 29th.

I checked my sister's application almost daily and it always said 'No record found', even after she got it in the mail.

This makes me feel better. My friend received his and he turned his in after I did.

I applied for my son's Passport and they cashed the check March 24. I kept going online and it was saying status not found. I called and got someone within the first five minutes of being on the phone. He stated that they were processing it and that the online status has not been working for awhile now. I just got email notification yesterday that it should be delivered by April 24th.

Archived