Do u he to book when your goingo dinner on Ncl?

There is no need to book reservations for the main dining rooms or the buffet and blue lagoon. You should book reservations for the surcharged speciality restaurants, as they are much smaller, but if they have room you can arrive too. Either go to the reservations desk or call on the phone.

You don't have to book for the specialty restaurants. You can just show up. Just understand that they are small, and so sometimes you might be turned away, or told to come back a bit later (and set a time). This would be similar to you going to a land-based restaurant and finding it full.

If you have a special occasion that you want to celebrate at a specific restaurant, you might indeed want to make a reservation. You can call from your room, or there will be a table set up in the main lobby area where you can register for a specific restaurant at a certain time, no more than 24 hours prior to your wanting to be there.

Otherwise for the regular dining venues, you just show up and you'll be seated. We never had a wait of more than 5 minutes.

I never booked for the free dining. I was told you can only make reservations for large groups. I was usually by myself. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a table. The service was SLOOOOOW! though. Not sure if it was because I was by myself or if other people experienced this.

The specialties may need reservations, especially Tepenyaki, but our ship was full.

I never tried the specialties and didn't miss it. There was plenty of included food to keep me satisfied. This coming from a confessed foodie. I saved my money and used it for enjoying the islands. I live in Atlanta, and I can have the "specialty" dining experience any night of the week with online gift certificate perks for $25 or less. Check sights like Citysearch.com.

To me $15-25 was not worth it when there was plenty of free stuff to eat, but many on here swear by the specialties. Just let your budget and your desires be your guide. Either way you won't starve.

You do not have to make a reservation for the secialty restaurants but you may not be seated if you do not. You do not need to reserve for regular dining room you just show up but you may or may not have wait depending on the time you arrive, and the size of your part, and whether you want to each with other people or just your party.

You MAY make reservtions in the main dining room but only for certain time periods.

The specialty resturants i would say to make a reservation. They will than give u a temp use ship phone and call you when its your turn. The main dining room, etc, make reservations for 3 or more. They have enough 2 people tables to cover most 1 or 2 people groups.

For the main dinining rooms, you do not make reservations unless you are in a large group.

For the smaller specialty restaurants, it is advisable to make a reservation (Although we got lucky once just by turning up when we wanted to dine at one of them).

Seams you don't know @#$ about cruising.Of course you have to make reservations.

Geesh some peoples kids :rolleyes:

You don't have to make reservations at the general dining restaurants, though it does help if you want to get seated at busy times. If you don't, you might have to wait. We rarely made reservations for the Grand Pacific or Alizar on the Jade and the longest we ever had to wait was fifteen minutes.

BTW, Cagney's was well worth the cover charge . . . at least on Jade.

Yes they bend over backwards for the VIPs, but not at the very last minute. The VIPs can book for the entire week, everyone else can only book a day or two ahead. Once a speciality restaurant is booked out, its booked. You had first reservation rights, don't expect last rights as well overtaking another's reservation.

Archived