Door Decoration Guidelines?

05mak05

We have 3 cabins on the April 3rd RCCL Rhapsody sailing out of Galveston and would like to use the over-the-door wreath hangers to decorate our doors? Are these allowed?

TIPS: The L.L. Bean "Gatecheck ID Organizations" are the perfect size for Royal Caribbean ID cards and are so reasonably priced at $8 (Free shipping in Dec.) http://www.llbean.com

Also, Bath & Body has travel size room deodorants for $5. Both Barlett Pear and Kitchen Spice are wonderful scents to freshen up a stale cabin. I'm using these items as stocking stuffers for fellow cruisers. Happy Holidays y'all! Mary

the basic rule is dont damage the door --no nails etc--scotch tape and the llike should be ok ---as long as the door looks exactly llike you found it before you started decorating---lots of people do it ---imo most of it looks hokey--now dont flame me for that last comment

I've never decorated a door, but once the room next to ours was decorated. It was actually great to be able to locate our room so easily. I'm just a firm believer in not packing extra "stuff" to lug along. So, you can have the room next to ours on any cruise!

We printed our picture with our CC screen name and taped it to our door on our RCCL cruise. We were meeting other CC members on board and people would write Hello, or whatever on the paper. Also made it real easy to find our room.

We printed our picture with our CC screen name and taped it to our door on our RCCL cruise. We were meeting other CC members on board and people would write Hello, or whatever on the paper. Also made it real easy to find our room.
Don't you have to carry a mirror with you to double-check that you are the right person before you enter the cabin??

:rolleyes:

TIPS: The L.L. Bean "Gatecheck ID Organizations" are the perfect size for Royal Caribbean ID cards and are so reasonably priced at $8 (Free shipping in Dec.) http://www.llbean.com

Mary: Thats a nice holder. We just go to the office supply place and pick up a card holder and a lanyard. Spent 1.25 for the whole thing.

Hi,

We just got off RCCL Radiance from A Panama Cruise. We decorated our door with the our Cruise Critic sign and was ask to take off-something about it was against the ship's rules.

Also, one of Cruise Critic members next door to us decorated her door for Halloween and was ask to remove it.

Hope this helps you.

We were on the Golden Princess for the week before Halloween (24-31 Oct) It was also our honeymoon. We had a door decoration made out of fun foam, as well as spider webbing taped around the door. We taped all of it to the door and doorframe. It all layed flat in the suitcase and didn't take up much room or weight. The room steward also added balloons during the week. It was easy to find our room in the hallway! No one objected. Yes, some might have considered it tacky.....Oh well, it wasn't their door.

I always laugh when this subject comes up. I hope no one takes this personal, but I am with the group that thinks it looks hokey/tacky.

Different strokes for different folks

Agree, that just like some of the outdoor Holiday Lighting in our neighborhood, some folks tend to get a little tacky. To each their own.

However, I think a small sign or colorful marker, is a nice touch to break up the monotany of a long hallway of repeating cabin doors.

I think those that remain very flat against the door, should not receive much objection. And some ships, the doors have enough steel to hold some magnets.

Archived