Visa question - plz larify

voyager22

Hi everyone,

My DB, DF, and I are traveling with RCCL on August/16/2009 to Haiti, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and Mexico.

We're Canadian Citizens with Canadian Passports.

Are visas required to enter these countries?

What confused me was this statement from the RCCL website, under "cruise documents":

Non U.S. Citizens:

You will need a valid passport and, in some cases, a visa. If you live in the U.S., you will also need the original copy of your Alien Registration Card (ARC or "Green Card") and any other documentation the countries on your itinerary require due to your alien status.

Canadian Landed Immigrants:

All Canadian Landed Immigrants (inclusive of those who are citizens of the British Commonwealth countries) who reside in Canada must have valid passports and US visas. Also required is the original copy of your Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) formally the IMM 1000 or with respect to any country on the itinerary any other travel documentation required because of alien status.

So my question is, only the 1st paragraph applies to us, correct? The 2nd doesn't b/c my DB & DF arrived in Canada in 1985 and are now Canadian Citizens.

I have researched online and found that none of the countries need a visa since we're only there for less than a day. However, should I contact the embassies to confirm this?

Do we need any other travel documents? I was born in Canada - should I bring my original birth certificate as well as my passport?

We don't need any other govn't-issued ID right?

Sorry there's a lot of questions here. If you could answer them all, i'll be grateful. Thanks!!

If you are Canadian born all you need is your valid passport

For your other family members that became Canadian Citizens I think they also need their citizenship card & a passport but best to check with the US Government on their entry requirements

Archived