Hiring a Driver Vs Catching a Cab

CurlyEyes

While I am in Coz I want to go to Mezcalito Beach, Coconuts, and Carlos N Charlies. My question is do I need to hire a private driver for the day or would it be possible to catch a cab to each of these places. I really hate the thought of being on someones clock and being rushed from one place to the next . I want to be able to go at my leisure (it is a vacation right). About how far is it between these places. I want to visit them in the order listed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

While I am in Coz I want to go to Mezcalito Beach, Coconuts, and Carlos N Charlies. My question is do I need to hire a private driver for the day or would it be possible to catch a cab to each of these places. I really hate the thought of being on someones clock and being rushed from one place to the next . I want to be able to go at my leisure (it is a vacation right). About how far is it between these places. I want to visit them in the order listed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Try this link for a list of cab fares. From downtown to Mezcalitos Beach ( Coconuts) is abotu $12 one way. If your ship docks at Punta Langosta, you can probably walk to Carlos N Charlies, although there a much better places to eat and drink in Cozumel. Otherwise, it's only a short cab ride.

http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/links/taxifares.html

You will have a great deal of difficulty getting a taxi from Mezcalitos to Coconuts as taxis typically don't hang out on the East side waiting for fares like they do at the West side beach clubs.

Basically your choices are:

Hire a driver by the hour

Arrange for the taxi to come back at a specific time

Rent a car (not recommended if you plan on drinking)

Archived