Where to leave our luggage pre/post cruise

Hi,

After some consultation with cc, we've booked our rountrip Vancouver Alaska cruise this June. :D I'm now planning the Vancouver portion of our vacation and I hope you guys can help me.

Is it ok to walk around in Gastown and Canada Place before we board the ship with all our luggages? are they walking distance from each other? Our ship leaves at 5 pm, so I think we have plenty of time to walk around to take pictures.

Also, after our cruise, we plan to go shopping in Robson Street and Pacific Center mall which I understand are walking distance from each other. Since we will be staying in Richmond, I don't think it's practical for us to go back to Richmond just to leave our luggages then go back to Pacific Center again. Is there a place in Pacific Center/ Robson where we can leave our luggages and get it back after dinner? If this is not a feasible option, I can probably schedule our shopping some other day.

Also, how much will a cab cost me from Richmond to canada place? Will taking the bus to save money be advisable with our luggages?

Thank you so much!

You can walk around with your luggage but I would suggest that you just go to Canada Place and check it with the porters. They should be accepting luggage for embarking pax shortly after 9 am. Yes it is a very easy walk from Canada Place to Gastown. On your return you can check you luggage with the luggage service at Canada Place then go off and enjoy the city. You can take a bus from YVR into the city but it does involve a transfer and is a bit awkward. There is also the Aiporter; a cab from the YVR area into the downtown area will cost about $35. I will provide a couple of links below for your convenience:

http://www.yvrairporter.com/

http://www.cdsbaggage.ca/CDS/Home.html

Archived