La Romana info needed

Grammar Goddess

My DH and I will be on a Princess cruise in December, stopping at La Romana, Dominican Republic. All of the postings on this site seem to be about Samana. Has anyone been to La Romana? Where can I find out about this port of call? In looking at the Princess shore excursions, the emphasis seems to be on Santo Domingo or tours of the countryside . . .

Would appreciate any and all help. Thanks. :)

GG

We stayed near La Romana a few years ago in an all-inclusive resort. It's a pretty rural area and that side has few good natural beaches,lava-like rock in the area we were. We did take an ATV tour which we all really enjoyed. Got to see the areas where most tours don't go. We also did a tour of Santa Domingo that was nice, mainly because of the history. There's a home that belonged to Christopher Columbus' nephew (if I remember correctly)

Hi Cary,

Thanks so much for your input. :) Princess is offering a day-long excursion to Santo Domingo. It sounds very interesting, but it's expensive. We have some time left to decide--our cruise is not until December--so perhaps we'll hear from other CC members as to what their experiences were.

Best,

GG

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Cary,

Thanks so much for your input. :) Princess is offering a day-long excursion to Santo Domingo. It sounds very interesting, but it's expensive. We have some time left to decide--our cruise is not until December--so perhaps we'll hear from other CC members as to what their experiences were.

Best,

GG

UNLESS You want to spend your entire day on a bus.. don't take that trip.. it's not close... In La Romana you can go into the city with a taxi driver from the ship and go to the supermarket and buy pure vanilla, 151 proof rum and the best coffee beans.. right off the shelf. Another alternative is to go into Bahibe and go to a beach.. or if they offer a day at a resort go... the water is calm, warm and delicious.. We go to the Sunscape/Dreame Casa Del Mar

I went to La Romana in 2-08, I went to Iberostar resort for the day and LOVED it!!! I wrote a review titled " I was in Casa De Campo 2-20-08" ( I think thats the name...) do a search on this thread I know it had the date in the title...

Casa De Campo a.k.a La Romana...

Archived