Just off the Mariner (4/12-19)

I have them all with me so I will try to scan them and post them today. I think the easiest might be webshots? I have tried posting compasses once before but the files were too big.
A couple, robntawn, on our next Mariner cruise post beautiful, full size pictures in the tread, go to page 16 of our M&M tread MOS 05/10/09 to see an example. Here's his explanation:

Sure! First, you must upload your pictures to a photo hosting site. I use Photobucket (free) at www.photobucket.com Then, just right-click on the photo you want to post on Cruise Critic and paste the "IMG" link in the Cruise Critic message. That's all there is to it!!!

I'm not sure, but you might be able to do the same thing on webshots by right clicking.

We spent the day at Medano beach and it really wasn't that crowded. We had a great time because we could sit at the Mango Deck and the little ones (along with some of the big ones) could play in the water.

Great review Mary! It sounds like you guys had a great time. We are booking Freedom or Liberty for my daughter's graduation cruise next June, just trying to decide now to do Western or Eastern-such a decision! You'll have to let me know how you like the Freedom Class.

I did not take pictures of the dinner menus. Sorry. Someone did post menus from back in February. If I can find the thread, I will see if it rings a bell. ;)

Sorry for your loss. :(

As elleluv has mentioned, its either MTD or MDR. One you prepay, one you don't. There was a charge of $14.95 for a steak from Chops on the menu each night. We did not try it.

For MDR, you are at the same table, same servers each night, same time. For MTD, you could still have the same servers and same time but not always the same table. I think it depends on how quickly you book MTD when you get onboard. Since we signed up on the second night, we could request the same waiter the next night, but might have to wait until later on to get him. If that makes sense. :confused:

Ken mentioned he would be back onboard this next Sunday. :confused: He said he was only leaving for a week to attend Oasis meetings in Miami. Either way, we enjoyed him throughout the week.

There were over 600 teens onboard and I never saw any rudeness or heard of any issues. There were probably more rude adults around the elevators, especially if there was someone in a wheelchair waiting. They would just go right in front regardless of how long they were waiting for the elevator.

Our waiter at MTD that we loved was named Rock. He was so nice and had the sweetest smile. I gave him a big thumbs up on our survey. :D

We have booked the Freedom for next Easter so it will be nice to try out that type of ship. I love the promenade and all the Voyager class ships so I think we will be happy.

thanks for the reply regarding menu's. No need look for them. I was just wondering what's a good night for Chops. I have read that Chops has the menu for all the nights.

Robb

Tuesday-Cabo....We were on the first double decker tender boat...everything went very smoothly. Excursion-Ziplining at the Wild Ecko Park....we almost didn't get to do this excursion. Our vendor gave us really good directions where to meet our driver. The driver was suppose to have a sign with our name written on it...that didn't happen...our check-in time was 10....we were at our spot 9:45..at 10 we still couldn't find our guide. we began asking other vendors if we were in the right spot..they assured us we were...finally at 10:30 one of the very nice vendors directed us to taxi driver named Christian whom had just arrived...this nice young man spoke NO ENGLISH...other folks had to translate for us. Now we are 30 minutes behind schedule. We got to where we were going safely....I wouldn't recommend this zipline for anybody that hasn't had any physical activity inthe past few weeks. Some of the hikes between platforms is rigourous...the trail is uneven and in some places goes straight up. You also have to carry your harness and gear with you. The tour guides were very friendly to all of us. Once we were finished we were suppose to meet our taxi driver back at the bar where we began. Christian was dutyfully waiting for us...except the bar tender had promised him to another party..great now we didn't have a ride back...we were told another taxi would be there in 20 minutes...OK no big deal...after 20 minutes still no taxi. We asked the bar tender where our ride was...he responded by saying he thought the other taxi driver had order us a ride..the right hand didn't no what the left hand was doing..once again no big deal things happend. The bar boy called for another taxi..it took him 45 minutes to get to us...now we had been waiting just over an hour to get back to port...this was a little frustrating. Transportation with this company is very unorganized.

Once we finally got back to port we walked along the Marina towards town. Needless to say we didn't get there. The sidewalk vendors were horrible. Children were grabbing our arms and asking us to buy the items they were selling. After saying NO several hundred time(at least that is what it felt like) we went back on board the ship.

This evening we went to Chops...the food and service was fabulous...none of us had dessert becasue we were too full. The only bad part about Chops is...it's right under Adventure Ocean. You can hear the kids running over your head. By 8:30 all of the noise would be gone. Our reservation was at 8:00 so we didn't have to hear it for too long.

Time to get back to work....I'll post about Stone Island later..:(:mad:

Angela

Hi Mary (emen822),

Thanks for starting this thread -- yours and all the review posts are great! Allen and I are just back from the spring break Adventure Southern Caribbean cruise, which was wonderful as you predicted it would be. We missed you, and the roll call slowed way down after a number of you left it. But it picked up towards the end and we had a good M&M.

Allen and I seem to be following you for these Easter week cruises, we have booked Mariner for next year. I'm going to bookmark this thread so we can get back to all the good info. that is specific to this spring break week. Nice to hear you guys all had such a good time (excepting the sunburn).

David

David - I'm glad you both enjoyed the AOS. The Southern Caribbean is my favorite! :D I would've booked that again for next year but we are visiting the inlaws in Florida before the cruise. Are you planning to do a review? Our roll call was fantastic and I'm not just saying that because they are looking at this thread. LOL (Hi guys! ;) ) And I was very active on there as soon as I switched my booking. :)

robanddave - I'm so bad with that stuff and to be honest, if there is a specific cabin I want (ie aft or hump), I don't care what side its on. As far as the Mariner, we were in 7558 and 7559. Our balcony only faced the port in Mazatlan (which was nothing to look at). In Cabo, we were facing towards the water which was great for pictures of the arches. :) Sorry I can't be of more help.

Forgot to mention that they did have the $20 bag of laundry special on Thursday. We used it. :)

And I forgot about the street vendors in Cabo. The small children trying to sell stuff. I did buy a little wooden whistle from one girl for $1 because I felt bad. :(

Mary

Tuesday-Cabo....We were on the first double decker tender boat...everything went very smoothly. Excursion-Ziplining at the Wild Ecko Park....we almost didn't get to do this excursion. Our vendor gave us really good directions where to meet our driver. The driver was suppose to have a sign with our name written on it...that didn't happen...our check-in time was 10....we were at our spot 9:45..at 10 we still couldn't find our guide. we began asking other vendors if we were in the right spot..they assured us we were...finally at 10:30 one of the very nice vendors directed us to taxi driver named Christian whom had just arrived...this nice young man spoke NO ENGLISH...other folks had to translate for us. Now we are 30 minutes behind schedule. We got to where we were going safely....I wouldn't recommend this zipline for anybody that hasn't had any physical activity inthe past few weeks. Some of the hikes between platforms is rigourous...the trail is uneven and in some places goes straight up. You also have to carry your harness and gear with you. The tour guides were very friendly to all of us. Once we were finished we were suppose to meet our taxi driver back at the bar where we began. Christian was dutyfully waiting for us...except the bar tender had promised him to another party..great now we didn't have a ride back...we were told another taxi would be there in 20 minutes...OK no big deal...after 20 minutes still no taxi. We asked the bar tender where our ride was...he responded by saying he thought the other taxi driver had order us a ride..the right hand didn't no what the left hand was doing..once again no big deal things happend. The bar boy called for another taxi..it took him 45 minutes to get to us...now we had been waiting just over an hour to get back to port...this was a little frustrating. Transportation with this company is very unorganized.

Once we finally got back to port we walked along the Marina towards town. Needless to say we didn't get there. The sidewalk vendors were horrible. Children were grabbing our arms and asking us to buy the items they were selling. After saying NO several hundred time(at least that is what it felt like) we went back on board the ship.

Who did you book this excursion with?

Who did you book this excursion with?

Sandra and Johann...honestly I don't think I would use them for this excursions ever again...

Angela

Sandra and Johann...honestly I don't think I would use them for this excursions ever again...

Angela

Wow Angela. How frustrating!

Our ziplining tour in PV was quite a work out too. All uphill and carrying the gear. But it was great! :D

Thanks for all of this information! Can you also tell me which nights were the Pure Energy and Front Row production shows?

I only have a few compasses with me today but can tell you that Pure Energy was Monday night.

Also, forgot to mention they started having a "Comedy Live" show onboard. They would do two shows per night and you had to get tickets for them. (Adults only comedy). I never did hear how those shows were though but when Ken Rush asked a crowd, he did get some applause. :rolleyes:

Also, forgot to mention they started having a "Comedy Live" show onboard. They would do two shows per night and you had to get tickets for them. (Adults only comedy). I never did hear how those shows were though but when Ken Rush asked a crowd, he did get some applause. :rolleyes:

They had 2 comedians for the first few days of the voyage, and then 2 different ones starting on Thursday night for the remainder of the trip. I went on Thursday night to the 11:00pm show; the first comedian was not very funny, but the second one was. The shows are an hour long, and run at 9:00 and 11:00. There was also a 1:00am show on Saturday night, I believe. You need tickets for these shows. The compass tells you where and when tickets are available, or you can get them from the Concierge if you have access to the lounge.

Unfortunately street Vendors in Mexico (especially tourist areas) are a way of life, and you just have to stay calm and keep saying no if you don't want to buy anything. My wife once bought three heavy silver bracelets from a street vendor that turned out to be a great deal (solid silver). The next time she did that, the silver plating had worn off by the time we got home! So be warned! The Mexican authorities advise against buying anything from children since they are trying to get those kids back into the school system.

They had 2 comedians for the first few days of the voyage, and then 2 different ones starting on Thursday night for the remainder of the trip. I went on Thursday night to the 11:00pm show; the first comedian was not very funny, but the second one was. The shows are an hour long, and run at 9:00 and 11:00. There was also a 1:00am show on Saturday night, I believe. You need tickets for these shows. The compass tells you where and when tickets are available, or you can get them from the Concierge if you have access to the lounge.

I agree! I was also at the Thurs. night show at 11pm and the first comedian was not funny at all (started to doze a little actually). The second comedian was very funny.

I also went to the Tues. night show (the other 2 comedians) and they were also very funny. I would definitely recommend going to them! :D

Of the four comedians I liked the last one. He reminded me of Sean Penn (in looks). He had great facial expressions.

I agree! I was also at the Thurs. night show at 11pm and the first comedian was not funny at all (started to doze a little actually). The second comedian was very funny.

I also went to the Tues. night show (the other 2 comedians) and they were also very funny. I would definitely recommend going to them! :D

I have them all with me so I will try to scan them and post them today. I think the easiest might be webshots? I have tried posting compasses once before but the files were too big.

did scanning them not work? i've especially been waiting to see if ships time and port time is the same in puerto vallerta.:confused:

It works for me! Thank you very much for posting. I can't wait to see the rest. How would you say the food was overall in the MDR and in WJ? We thought the food was good when we cruised in December 08 but I am reading lots of poor reviews lately. I didn't think it could have changed that much since then. I am bringing my friend on his first cruise in a few weeks and I would hate for him to get a bad first impression.

Archived