Help me plan a day in St. Thomas

colover

Hi,

We arrive in St. Thomas and 9:00am and depart at 6:00pm. My husband and I would love to scuba dive, but feel bad about leaving the kids on the ship all day. Can anyone suggest an itinerary where we could get in a dive or two, go back for the kids, and then do something more kids friendly. The kids are all good swimmers and love the water. We prefer seeing and doing to shopping. Other than that, we've never been to St. Thomas so anything would be good for us. Are we trying to fit in too much? Thanks.

Hi,

We arrive in St. Thomas and 9:00am and depart at 6:00pm. My husband and I would love to scuba dive, but feel bad about leaving the kids on the ship all day. Can anyone suggest an itinerary where we could get in a dive or two, go back for the kids, and then do something more kids friendly. The kids are all good swimmers and love the water. We prefer seeing and doing to shopping. Other than that, we've never been to St. Thomas so anything would be good for us. Are we trying to fit in too much? Thanks.

hello. we are going to st. thomas also. we do not have any children but we are still going to Coral world ocean park in st.thomas. since we do not have any children, we are only going to spend there like 2 hours or so. some other lady posted a thread here called "Coral World" . she went there with her children and they all had a blast!! you can interract with the animals and do all kinds of fun stuff.

i think you can swim with some animals, you get to touch them and you can feed parrots, also they have feeding times, when you can watch them feed sharks, stingrays....might be fun. i mean i am an adult, and i do enjoy stuff like that myself.:D:p

apart from that, i do not have any other ideas on what to do in st. thomas, that children would enjoy.

have a great vacation!!:D:D:D

Coral World has lots of activities that are fun for the whole family. They've got snuba (which sounds like intro to scuba by the description), some underwater motor scooter things, swimming with sea lions, and there is a dive operation nearby so maybe you could dive while the kids do something at Coral World?

You can easily spend the day there, because Coki beach is right next door. The kids will love snorkeling there, because the fish literally eat out of your hand!

If you just wanted to swim with the kids, Megan's bay is beautiful and right up the road is a place you could stop for ice cream called Udder Delight. Also if you wanted a nice view of Megan's you could go to Mountaintop where there is a little shopping and their famous banana daiquiries.

Coral World is a great suggestion. You can go with the kids. Visit the park together. And right next door is Coki Beach where you can snuba and also for scuba. The kids can do snuba, get an introduction to what scuba is like. And Mom and Dad can sign up for scuba and perhaps go out 1 at a time with the dive shop people so that one parent can stay with the kids. Coral World also has other interactive things like the shark talk where you can pet a small shark, the sea lion encounter, sea turtle talk and encounter. Here are some links: Coral World http://www.coralworldvi.com, Snuba http://www.visnuba.com, Dive Shop at Coki http://www.cokidive.com/.

--Islander

Archived