Ziplining in Girdwood

tetleytea

I've seen no indication that it's been built yet, though it's been in the planning stage since 2005. Even the operator's Web site just has "Tentative 2007 rate: $129 per person" - http://www.alyeskaadventures.com/ecotour.html If that sounds odd, the cruise lines are advertising a zipline at Skagway and it definitely doesn't exist yet.

Murray

Hey, Yukon,

Just the one I wanted to see. Who do you recommend for ATV'ing Carcross? Tlingit? We've got a car. Also, do you know anything about these Alaskan Husky hikes? I can't figure out what's so special about taking along a dog who doesn't know you.

Hey, Yukon,

Just the one I wanted to see. Who do you recommend for ATV'ing Carcross? Tlingit? We've got a car. Also, do you know anything about these Alaskan Husky hikes? I can't figure out what's so special about taking along a dog who doesn't know you.

The quality of the Tlingit ATV tours varies depending on who the guide is - some are very good and some aren't. Both the desert and Montana Mountain offer great ATVing, though, regardless of the guide, and Tlingit is the only game in town for short tours or small groups. The attraction of the husky hikes is just the postcard-beautiful Siberian that joins you, wearing his own backpack.

Murray

How about your own near-and-dear town? We've got 10 hours in Skagway; I haven't gotten your guide just yet. Should we go all the way to Whitehorse? I looked on the visitwhitehorse site, and it seems the only things to do are the usual hiking, canoeing, biking, etc.. Isn't that Ice Truck Drivers series on the Discovery Channel filmed there?

How about your own near-and-dear town? We've got 10 hours in Skagway; I haven't gotten your guide just yet. Should we go all the way to Whitehorse? I looked on the visitwhitehorse site, and it seems the only things to do are the usual hiking, canoeing, biking, etc.. Isn't that Ice Truck Drivers series on the Discovery Channel filmed there?

I may live near Whitehorse, but Carcross remains my "near-and-dear town" :) I never recommend coming all the way to Whitehorse unless you have a specific reason (you're a steamboat fan, perhaps - we have a beauty here), or have a couple of days to spend here. The scenery north of Emerald Lake is pretty dull compared to what you've seen up to that point, and there's waaaay too much to do between Skagway and Emerald Lake.

Murray

Archived