Biodegradable bug repellent?

airlinegal

Anybody found biodegradable bug repellent at stores like Wal-Mart, Target, etc.? Chankanaab Park requires that if you have bug repellent(and they recommend it), it must be biodegradable.

Not sure, but picaridin containing products may be. I know that DEET is not, however I've never found anything that works as well as DEET.

Here is one that claims to be biodegradable, but can't say that I've seen it at any local stores, but then again, I've never looked either. :p

http://lafreshgroup.com/travel-wipes/all-natural-biodegradable-insect-repellent-30ct.html

Thanks for the reply(s). I did some searching on Google and can't seem to find out about Picardin, if it is or is not biodegradable. I was hoping to find something for sale locally, rather than having to order it. I'll be checking at my local health food store later. Will try to remember to post what I find out.

Thanks for the reply(s). I did some searching on Google and can't seem to find out about Picardin, if it is or is not biodegradable. I was hoping to find something for sale locally, rather than having to order it. I'll be checking at my local health food store later. Will try to remember to post what I find out.

Local healthfood store is an excellent place to start. Our local has all the biodegradable stuff we need, so hope you find that to be the case also. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if you still need it but Avon sells a skin so soft biodegrable with spf 15 and repellent. We used it in the Cenotes and I think I only paid about 12 bucks for the bottle. {actually our entire tour group of around 20 used it because none of theirs was biodegrable}. Still have 1/2 bottle left.

Archived