Golden Princess 4/1/09 Hawaii-disappointed

sassystyxfan

• 4 weeks later...
As the OP, I am returning to let everyone know that Princess DID respond to my letter. I am disappointed that a time limit of 12 months was placed on what little onboard credit they offered (my travel agent was shocked and very disappointed). We will probably not be able to use it anyway. Too bad I booked a future cruise onboard that I can't use for 18 months.

It was a really nice letter from them, though. *sigh*

[SIZE=3]This was the first I had read on this thread since we were on the last MR sailing at this time.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Do agree with [I]sassystyxfan[/I] a very legitimate and well written letter and I am also disappointed in the reply from Princess. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]With the 12 month time limit on the credit it sounds like one of their standard customer service responses. You might want to go back with another letter.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Also IMO if they credit one pax they should credit all paxs assuming their was no other circumstances.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Interesting and informative thread, thank you.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Jack[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]for the lovely[/SIZE]

I've had the "just out of dry dock" and wet dock experiences, both times on transatlantic cruises on RCI. To RCI's credit, they didn't close any of the public rooms. I would have been very upset if areas important to the cruise experience were unavailable. The OP certainly has a valid grievance. Princess gave us money off on a future cruise when we had a problem on one of our cruises (not dry dock related) and I don't recall there being a time limit placed on when the credit could be applied.

Archived