Prickley Pear Island

Cruiser21

Has anyone been to Prickley Pear Island recently? Was trying to book this through there web site but I do not get a response from them, not sure if I have to book it through the cruise line? Not much information on this excursion lately maybe they did away with it.

Has anyone been to Prickley Pear Island recently? Was trying to book this through there web site but I do not get a response from them, not sure if I have to book it through the cruise line? Not much information on this excursion lately maybe they did away with it.

Hi,

Just arrived back from a transatlantic and went to Prickly Pear island whilst in Antigua. We had the absolute best day ever. It's a tiny island less than a mile of the coast with a lovely sweeping beach protected by a reef. The sea is very calm and shallow just by the beach as it's protected by the reef which allows for easy snorkelling. The staff look after you really well bringing snacks and drinks from the inclusive bar, making sure everyone has deck chairs and umbrellas if required and serve a lovely buffet at lunch time. They also provide snorkelling gear and will give tuition and accompany you into the water if needed.They only take about 40 people at a time so it doesn't feel too crowded.

We booked through the ship and in fact they didn't take anybody that day that wasn't on the official ship's tour. If you get the chance don't miss it. It really was like being cast away on the most perfect deserted island with a few added comforts thrown in!

my son and daugter in law will be honeymooing on the serenade july 2010...this excursion looks great.....do they book through rc or on their own and if so....how?

We booked via the cruise line. Infact because of the small number of guests the island accomodates (approx 40) the only people they took that day were from our cruise ship, to the extent that there was another ship from the same cruise line in port on the same day and they did not get any places.

On the food front they served curried conch, fried fish, salad, potato salad, bread, chicken, pasta and rice. There was also an open bar with a range of soft and alcoholic drinks.

I have pictures if someone can tell me how to attach them.

cheers

curlywurly

thanks for the info curly:) my "research" has been unsolicited:p i love cruising and will live vicariously through this effort.

i am (personally) leaning towards this option as a recommendation for antigua. they will most likely choose something else. i'll let you know!!!

thanks for the info curly:) my "research" has been unsolicited:p i love cruising and will live vicariously through this effort.

i am (personally) leaning towards this option as a recommendation for antigua. they will most likely choose something else. i'll let you know!!!

Hi cruzobsessed,

Your right a curlywurly is a chocolate bar you can buy in the UK. It's two flat pieces of chocolate coated, chewy caramel sort of intertwined into a flat plait. Very yummy and as I have very curly hair it seemed sort of appropriate!

I'm sure they will have a ball what ever they choose. From what we saw of the island it looked to be beautiful.

Archived