Turtle Cove Kids Club (3-6)

Hi folks,

Have just booked our first family cruise on Pacific Jewel and had some questions about the kids club, specifically Turtle Cove.

1. What happens in the kids club at night time? Is it low key given it's sleep time for most of this age group?

2. What do the kids sleep on/in? Can they take their sleeping blanket/toy that they normal have for sleep time?

3. Does anyone have a recent activity list for Turtle Cove on any P&O ship?

4. Once we register the children on Day 1, are they guaranteed to be able to attend any session during the cruise? Do we just go to each session and 'check' them in as required?

Thanks

Kylie

1. What happens in the kids club at night time? Is it low key given it's sleep time for most of this age group?

They usually put on a movie and the kids can fall asleep but it is quiet wind down time.

2. What do the kids sleep on/in? Can they take their sleeping blanket/toy that they normal have for sleep time?

They lay on bean bags and mats they have pillows and a blanket. My daughter on a couple of nights took her blankie and on the form you fill in when you register them it asks if they have a favourite blanket or toy.

On our cruise in september they did lots of painting and drawing. Tshirt painting, treasure chests they had an island night party in the afternoon and they had the talent quest which they practice hard for.

4. Once we register the children on Day 1, are they guaranteed to be able to attend any session during the cruise? Do we just go to each session and 'check' them in as required?

We never had an issue with them being allowed in you just go at each time you want them in and sign the sheet and be handed your pager. If there is an issue they will give you a buzz.

Megan

Hi folks,

Have just booked our first family cruise on Pacific Jewel and had some questions about the kids club, specifically Turtle Cove.

Thanks

Kylie

sorry i cant help you on this . but in very interested to now what said, as we are going on the pdawn in 20/02/2010 and our son will be three then, hope you /we find out on here.

Hi folks,

Thanks

Kylie

Hi Kylie

Make sure when you go to register the kids on 1st day that you take both your passports and the kids as they require ID. Your childs name should already be listed on the Turtle Cove manifest but you still have to register.

If your kids would like to do the Bridge tour check with staff about what day it will be on as the tour fills up fast and it would be ashame for them to miss out.

I have found all the staff that have worked in Turtle Cove to be wonderful and they try everything to settle your child first before calling you.

My Turtle Cove program is 12 months old but some other CC will have a more recent one i'm sure they could email to you. I can email you one after our next cruise in July :D.

Hope this helps a bit.

do you know what its like on the pdawn? i see its deck 6 and in the middle of the ship. we have only see the one the star and sun.

The kids club on the Dawn is great but I liked the location of it better on the Sun. Turtle Cove and Shark Shack are located in the middle of the ship so there are no windows or access to outside decks (for natural light or fresh air) but the facilities are great. Turtle cove has an indoor play gym and Shark shack has an indoor basbetball court (very small). There are lots of toys, games, craft, cubby houses, bikes etc in Turtle Cove. Your child will no be bored as the staff keep them very busy :D.

they also give you a pager when you sign the child in. just in case the child gets too upset they can contact you.

yes i have seen people with the pagers and they work all over ship thats a great plus

Hi, we just got off Pacific Dawn yesterday and both our kids used Turtle Cove a lot. It was excellent.

It's open from 9am-12pm then 2pm-10.30pm. After that they have babysitting (in the club) until 1am but we never used it. On shore days it is open in the morning but no activities are scheduled.

Each night you are delivered a program for the kids club just as you are given the "Pacific Daily".

I've got one here so I'll type it out for you...

9am - Fancy butterfly craft

10am ball games and playmaze

11am talent show rehearsal (they put on a show for the parents on the second last day)

12pm closed

2pm Childrens formal party (in the Dome)

3pm re-energise with chips and wedges then Karaoke fun time

3.45pm Rob the Nest game

4.15 Musical shakers craft

5pm settle down time (some friends may have gone to kids dinner here)

5.30pm cartoons

6.45pm talent show rehearsal

7.15pm story time

7.30 Movie time

The kids are given a mat and a sheet (ours took their blankets) to watch the movie. Half the time we left ours there for the movie but often we took them out at 7.30 to see the early show. So we'd take them to kids dinner at 4.30 then into the kids club and we'd have 2 hours to have dinner ourselves then we'd all go to show then back to the cabin at 8.30. They'd go to sleep - we'd read for an hour or two or watch TV.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Forgot to add they you aren't guaranteed a spot but in our case only 35 kids in the 3-6 age group were booked on the ship and the club has a capacity for 70. You shouldn't have a problem - it's the 7-12 year group that gets full. Oh and you get a pager when you register them which we kept for the whole trip. You can pick and choose activities for your kids and they can just go for that bit. To be honest we found there wasn't much else for the kids to do but go there or to the pool/spas and mostly that was impossible as getting a lounger round the pool was like trying to find the needle in the haystack that wasn't even there - far too crowded.

Forgot to add they you aren't guaranteed a spot but in our case only 35 kids in the 3-6 age group were booked on the ship and the club has a capacity for 70. You shouldn't have a problem - it's the 7-12 year group that gets full. Oh and you get a pager when you register them which we kept for the whole trip. You can pick and choose activities for your kids and they can just go for that bit. To be honest we found there wasn't much else for the kids to do but go there or to the pool/spas and mostly that was impossible as getting a lounger round the pool was like trying to find the needle in the haystack that wasn't even there - far too crowded.

thank you very much for all that info ,im shore our son will enjoy it as much as yours did.

Hi, we just got off Pacific Dawn yesterday and both our kids used Turtle Cove a lot. It was excellent.

It's open from 9am-12pm then 2pm-10.30pm. After that they have babysitting (in the club) until 1am but we never used it. On shore days it is open in the morning but no activities are scheduled.

Each night you are delivered a program for the kids club just as you are given the "Pacific Daily".

I've got one here so I'll type it out for you...

9am - Fancy butterfly craft

10am ball games and playmaze

11am talent show rehearsal (they put on a show for the parents on the second last day)

12pm closed

2pm Childrens formal party (in the Dome)

3pm re-energise with chips and wedges then Karaoke fun time

3.45pm Rob the Nest game

4.15 Musical shakers craft

5pm settle down time (some friends may have gone to kids dinner here)

5.30pm cartoons

6.45pm talent show rehearsal

7.15pm story time

7.30 Movie time

The kids are given a mat and a sheet (ours took their blankets) to watch the movie. Half the time we left ours there for the movie but often we took them out at 7.30 to see the early show. So we'd take them to kids dinner at 4.30 then into the kids club and we'd have 2 hours to have dinner ourselves then we'd all go to show then back to the cabin at 8.30. They'd go to sleep - we'd read for an hour or two or watch TV.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi

Can you tell me the names of the staff members in Turtle Cove? I'm just curious to know if some of the staff from last years cruise will be on my one in July (it's always nice for the kids to see a familiar face especially in child care). Thanks :)

Archived