Is it safe?

CRUISING71

I know this questions got ask many time...but because of recent news and US government website recently post a warning.

I am traveling with three children...so safety is my most concern. If we are traveling without the kids...I wouldn't worry as much.

Is it safe to walk around town like all three ports (Cabo, Maztalan and PV). We like to explorer the town on our own to save some money vs booking it with the cruise ship. The only tour we are consider is snorkeling...but we are consider one snorkeling tour only.

Thank you,

Tibbie

I feel safer in PV then I do many cities in The States and some cities in Canada..... I would say I would feel as safe in Mazatlan and Cabo as well....

Unless you are planning tohang with the local Drug Cartal, chances are you are very safe :)

we were just in mexico last week and i too was worried since we had our daughter with us, but it was fine, just like all the other times we have been there, it actually seemed like the people were NICER... :)

i didnt see anything weird, or crazy, or any violence at all of any kind,

the usually offering of drugs in cabo, which always is the case. but nothing crazy

i would act like going to any city anywhere, just be cautious, thats for anytime, not just now since things are going on, all the drug cartel stuff is mostly in the border towns like juarez and some things going on in mexico city..

it will be fine.. have a great time and enjoy mexico

Those reports on USA TV and in the press are really very unfair and giving a wrong picture in my opinion..

Yes there is trouble but mostly in the bordertowns and not in those areas where tourists are.

We are now over 2 months in Puerto vallarta, also have driven around outside town and NEVER felt unsafe. Just met nice friendly people.

Think back about the thousands of springbreakers, thousands of people staying during winter, thousands of cruise-ship poassengers. They all had a great time.

Crime happens worldwide and also in the USA.

Use you common sense like you do at home and enjoy Mexico.

We're currently on the Star Princess and the captain stated that because of some recent violence (including murders) and fear for passengers and crew safety they have cancelled Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa and replaced this port with Manzanillo today. With the cost for changing ports I think the cruiseline wouldn't do this unless it was real and serious.

We're currently on the Star Princess and the captain stated that because of some recent violence (including murders) and fear for passengers and crew safety they have cancelled Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa and replaced this port with Manzanillo today. With the cost for changing ports I think the cruiseline wouldn't do this unless it was real and serious.

Some weeks ago there were problems in Zihuatenejo. Maybe because of this an itinary change was made. Probably only to give the passengers the idea they are safer out there.

Daily cruise-ships make stops in various ports in Mexico bringing in lots and lots of passengers and they are enjoying it very much.

I feel and am safer here then in some major cities in Europe or the USA.

WOW, sad to hear. Hope it all settles down by next season, as Zihua is a great port of call.

Details below

The Feb. 21 grenade attack on police headquarters in coastal Zihuatanejo, which injured four people...

...four days after the assault on the Zihuatanejo police station, four of the city's officers were slain in a highway ambush six miles from town on the road to Acapulco.

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-fg-mexico-arms-race15-2009mar15,0,2588111.story

Archived