Requesting a crib on NCL

Kipp-n-Aika

This will be our first time cruising with our baby... he will be 15 months old at the time. When making my reservations, our cruise consultant noted that we have a baby and put in a request for a crib. I've heard that most ships actually have two options though - cribs and pack n plays. I wasn't asked which I prefered - do I have any option which we get? What do you think would work better for a 15 month old? He is very large for his age, about 33" long and 27 lbs. He's also a climber, and I don't know how deep the cribs are. Thanks for any help!

I booked on-line and there was the option "crib and high chair" or "pack and play". I chose crib because I think it will occupy less space and I think I'll send the high chair back (if there ever is one). But there is the option, yes.

I have heard there you can choose either a pnp or a crib.

I am like you...we are cruising with ds shortly after his first birthday. Right now @ 9 months, he is 30 inches and 23 lbs...so I am guessing he will be around your ds stats by cruise time :-P

I am worried the pnp won't be big enough and also wondering how low the crib mattress can go and if its adjustable.

I need to ask these things when I request. Maybe call them back and see if they have more info for you.

sorry I am not much help but thank you for posting as I am looking for the same info.

Ditto on looking for info.

What is smaller? A PNP or NCL's crib? We have limited space with my other DD (3 yrs. old) using the pull out couch.

My littlest DD will be 10 months (very petite though) and crawling and I worry a crib might not contain her vs. the PNP.

I wish they could sleep together but not for another year or so :(

Any experience?

We have never used the crib option but get the pack-n-play. It is a standard size and I have the sheets to put on it (they don't give you pnp sheets so bring it!). I also bring the "tent" cover for the pnp so that my son doesn't climb out (see picture on my NCL Dawn page). It is from another company but it adjusts to fit the PNP's and keeps him in (Tots in Mind is the company). He is a big 2 year old and still fits, enough for just sleeping on vacation.

Archived