Meet & Greet get Ice Breaker?

bonniltc

We always do a gift exchange. Each CC member brings a small gift (~$10 or so) that is indicative of his/her geographic area (like a Baltimore Orioles coffee mug for me). As names are drawn, the person who brought the gift describes something unique about his/her home town. It always goes well.

Also, if you have an adventurous crowd, try a ship-wide scavenger hunt!

A few cruises back we brought Groucho glasses for everyone in our group. You can get them at a novelty store in any good sized town or can buy them online at http://www.stupid.com

Our favorite cruise pic is all of that group (about 20) lined up on the staircase in the main dining room in their formal clothes, wearing the glasses. Too much fun!!

We always do a gift exchange. Each CC member brings a small gift (~$10 or so) that is indicative of his/her geographic area (like a Baltimore Orioles coffee mug for me). As names are drawn, the person who brought the gift describes something unique about his/her home town. It always goes well.

Also, if you have an adventurous crowd, try a ship-wide scavenger hunt!

Ooooh, I like this idea. I think I'll have to mention it to my group!

A few cruises back we brought Groucho glasses for everyone in our group. You can get them at a novelty store in any good sized town or can buy them online at www.stupid.com

Our favorite cruise pic is all of that group (about 20) lined up on the staircase in the main dining room in their formal clothes, wearing the glasses. Too much fun!!

Really like the Groucho idea.....remember his old t.v. show, you bet your life...had very small Mexican man with large wife on show, they claimed to

have 10 children !! Groucho asked "why so many" Man replied "we like them" to which Groucho responded " I like my cigar, but I take it out of my

mouth every now and then":eek:

A few cruises back we brought Groucho glasses for everyone in our group. You can get them at a novelty store in any good sized town or can buy them online at www.stupid.com

I did that with our wedding party photo! It's displayed in a frame in our house, and people always do a double-take and get a great laugh out of it.

Had to laugh at your prison line.. have worked in prisons and jails now for 32 yrs.. dad used to travel a fair bit on business and would always get talking to folks on the plane or elsewhere and talk would invariably turn to their kids.. he'd tell about my bro and sis and then finish with "and my oldest boy is in prison.."

I always tell the cons that at 8 hours or better a day, I've done the equivalent of a 10 yr bit or more.

Does anyone have an idea for a quick ice breaker for a Meet & Greet?

Thank you!

Bonni:D

I've only managed to make it to one; and the hosts' idea was to make a rah-rah statement for a particular political person, to kick it off. The group broke into 2 groups . . . those who cheered and those who just looked at each other incredulously.

I didn't realize that some of you have fun M&Gs. Perhaps, I'll try again in the future.

Had to laugh at your prison line.. have worked in prisons and jails now for 32 yrs.. dad used to travel a fair bit on business and would always get talking to folks on the plane or elsewhere and talk would invariably turn to their kids.. he'd tell about my bro and sis and then finish with "and my oldest boy is in prison.."

I always tell the cons that at 8 hours or better a day, I've done the equivalent of a 10 yr bit or more.

So funny, I can imagine peoples reactions..Helps to sort out the fun folks

from the boorish....prefer to never take myself seriously....oh can't help it..."my oldest boy is in prison":eek:

I thank all of you for your info. My favorite was, "Anyone just get out of prison?". I won't be using that though becasue I have no clue what to do if someone says "yes". :eek:

I thank everyone else for your ideas, I think that I found alot that we can use.

Bonni:D

I have been to a fair number of M&Gs and have found the best ones were the ones where everyone simply did their own thing without someone trying to "MC" the event. The vast majority of cc'ers who attend these events are there to meet other members and will talk and mingle without being walked thru the paces. If my wife and I are the hosts we take it upon ourselves to meet everyone there and casually work the crowd making sure everyone is meeting and greeting. Just my opinion!

I have been to a fair number of M&Gs and have found the best ones were the ones where everyone simply did their own thing without someone trying to "MC" the event. The vast majority of cc'ers who attend these events are there to meet other members and will talk and mingle without being walked thru the paces. If my wife and I are the hosts we take it upon ourselves to meet everyone there and casually work the crowd making sure everyone is meeting and greeting. Just my opinion!

That makes sense!

Bonni

Archived