Arrival at NYC pier

CA27

We're a group of 12 going on the Miracle on 5/24 and are trying to arrange drop off & pickup times at the cruise ship terminal in NYC.

We're planning to get to the pier around noon time for departure, but we're not sure what time to tell the driver to pick us up. Last year, we sailed out of NYC and asked my in-laws to pick us up at 10:00 AM. It was a nightmare because there were three ships in port that day and the line of cars getting to the pier was incredibly long. We ended up crossing the street and getting picked up on 55th St.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good pickup time? We haven't decided if doing self-assist debarkation would be better because we're a large group that includes a toddler. There's only one ship scheduled to be at the terminal that day, so hopefully that helps out.

TIA

We do the self debarkation for that reason.....to get out of there before the mayhem starts. But we usually park upstairs.

If we were being picked up, and doing self debark, 10:00 should work, if everything goes well without delay.

We did self debark VIP style last time, and were off the ship by 7:30!

We're a group of 12 going on the Miracle on 5/24 and are trying to arrange drop off & pickup times at the cruise ship terminal in NYC.

We're planning to get to the pier around noon time for departure, but we're not sure what time to tell the driver to pick us up. Last year, we sailed out of NYC and asked my in-laws to pick us up at 10:00 AM. It was a nightmare because there were three ships in port that day and the line of cars getting to the pier was incredibly long. We ended up crossing the street and getting picked up on 55th St.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good pickup time? We haven't decided if doing self-assist debarkation would be better because we're a large group that includes a toddler. There's only one ship scheduled to be at the terminal that day, so hopefully that helps out.

TIA

Even with one ship it's a zoo. I would not go earlier than 10, unless you do self-assist, then you'll have to call your ride and let them know you are ready. I used a car service and between the language barrier and not being able to hear my cell phone above the city noise it was not a good end to the cruise.

Crossing the street is a great idea if you can pull it off. My personal preference is to have a long late breakfast on the ship and head out around 11.

Archived