taking alcohol on board

2000ph

P&O's policy is that they reserve the right to restrict alcohol being taken on board. However, this is never implemented provided that you are not inebrieted, under age or taking it on board by the case load.

Brian

We will be buying 2 bottles of bubbly in Southampton on Saturday to take on Oceana. We will buy gin onboard as its just as cheap - if not cheaper than the supermarket. That'll keep us going until we get to a Spanish supermarket to buy a nice Rioja!

Caryl

its not a room its a cabin !:p

I usually take a wine box for a 14N + cruise as they are easy to transport - unbreakable, small and square and I put in my case , but as I'm only doing a 9n cruise soon I'm taking 2 bottles of white, a small moet and a small lemonade ...as they are bottles will carry on this time, don't want any breakages - have you seen how they chuck the cases onto the conveyor belt onto ship!

My husband and I, with 4 friends ,are going on a 2 night cruise on Arcadia in May. I had been thinking of taking a bottle or 2 of fizzy stuff on with me as a surprise for our friends. Do you think it is ok to put it in the hand luggage? What do you do?

Pudd - Definitely put your bubbly in hand luggage. You have control of your hand baggage at all times.

Hey Sue!!! Whats with the half bottle of Moet? Is it not more expensive to buy the half bottle? I have one of those click on bottle stoppers which keeps the fizz in. Perfect on the second night as well.

Have you ever tried the M&S Oudinot? It's a lot cheaaper than Moet and a similar dry taste. Priced around £17.99 (sometimes on offer)

The M&S premium cava is also VERY good for a refreshing summer drink and it's only £6 a bottle.

The wine box is a good idea BTW!

No - I don't have shares in M&S!!!(before someone out there asks!!)

Caryl

Pudd -

Hey Sue!!! Whats with the half bottle of Moet? Is it not more expensive to buy the half bottle? I have one of those click on bottle stoppers which keeps the fizz in. Perfect on the second night as well.

Have you ever tried the M&S Oudinot? It's a lot cheaaper than Moet and a similar dry taste. Priced around £17.99 (sometimes on offer)

The M&S premium cava is also VERY good for a refreshing summer drink and it's only £6 a bottle.

The wine box is a good idea BTW!

No - I don't have shares in M&S!!!(before someone out there asks!!)

Caryl

Ah, well its a bottle we had over from the last cruise LOL, hubbie not overly keen on Champers,so the 1/2 bottle enough for a sailaway drink! AND LIGHTER TO CARRY!;)

I have bought a couple of bottles of fizzy stuff for my trip. I think I will take one of those little caes on wheels as hand luggage. I don't fancy holding the bottles for long. It sometimes take a while to board for these 2 nighters-everyone turns up early. Keen to make the most of our time onboard!

Archived