HELP....? re Prince Rupert

:eek: We are on the Star Sep 5th (I think) anyways, we will be in Prince Rupert from 4pm-10pm...I am scared to take any scenic tours due to availability of daylight. I know Alaska and Canada tend to have more daylight but how much more??? Can someone that has been to PR or done this cruise plz help...:confused:

Sunset 8:20 PM and then twilight for a while. If you get going shortly after you dock you should be OK. Rupert is a nice small City right on the water. Fishing and logging and not touristy. Port Edward has an old Fishing Cannery brought back from history which is pretty cool to see.

It's an easy port to visit for a few hours - we sailed the STAR last year & it stopped at PR for several hours too, we didn't sign up for any ship excurison & did our own self-guided walking tours as there are gift shops, restaurants, etc. within the immediate area. Comfortable walking shoes are a must as it has small hills.

As you disembark, shops & restaurants are to your left - across the street & up the small hill is the park (good for scenic postcard picture, looking out into the harbor) - musuem next to the park on one of the main road (has admission charge, but free access to gift shop, rest rooms & pay phones inside main lobby) - and there's a supermarket nearby plus local stores, etc.

We walk around a bit & spend about 2 or 3 hours on shore and return to the ship for evening's dinner, looking out the MDR with the harbor in front of us, then off to bed. Oh, and, the RC mountie (police constable) in red even cheerfully smiled & pose in our photos taken with him)

DSC00292.jpg.977b5855cfc35d28a500f6fed0df910f.jpg

DSC00293.jpg.33026e3472281414835484481036881e.jpg

DSC00301.jpg.82ceff9f33b06c13c314b76643da58e8.jpg

DSC00305.jpg.0beca568acc760868ecb6701264fe72a.jpg

DSC00328.jpg.9ece09c12376c480a201daf4ea52eeae.jpg

Prince Rupert is a lovely small city - when the sun shines on PR it is one of the most beautiful places to be... Lots of totem poles around town for photos and when we were there last Sept on our cruise (used to live there to years ago) we saw deer peacefully grazing beside the street (we were on 2nd Ave near the 5 corners) and of course lots of eagles although that late in the year they are fewer in number.

• 2 weeks later...
:eek: We are on the Star Sep 5th (I think) anyways, we will be in Prince Rupert from 4pm-10pm...I am scared to take any scenic tours due to availability of daylight. I know Alaska and Canada tend to have more daylight but how much more??? Can someone that has been to PR or done this cruise plz help...:confused:

We were on the Star last year. You will have a good 4 hours before sunset in September. We highly enjoyed the the Native Cultures tour and still had time to walk around town & wander back to the ship for dinner.

Archived