Temo/Taymour Tours-Egypt

montrealmaria

Hi Has anyone heard of the following tour company:

Temo/Taymour Tours.

I am looking for anyone who has taken an excursion with them and let me know of their experience...good and bad.

I am leaving From Alexandria port and will be spending the day from 7am to 10pm.

We would like to see the Giza Pyramids and the Egyptian Museum and if time permits go to the Bazaar...not the Papyrus Factories.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Maria

• 4 weeks later...

We used Temo Tours (Taymour was our contact) for a Cruise Critic group of 10 in February 09. We had pre-booked with them in May of 08. I was the organizer and had received a wonderful recommendation from a gal in Australia that put me onto Temo Tours. Their price was better, and more inclusive, than any of the other tour companies that I contacted and received quotes. Believe me, I did TONS of research pre-cruise, as this was a 21 day B2B for us on NCL Jade. We all booked our own rooms for our 2 day overnight tour to Cairo at the Le Meredien hotel in Giza through Starwood Hotels. We all had balcony rooms that had a view of the great Pyramid. It was just breathtaking when I walked into our room and saw that amazing view! Our two day tour was jam-packed and we purposely skipped lunch stops so we could see more (brought snacks and/or food from the ship for day one and also our tour guides stoppedat a 'safe' convenience store for those who were unprepared). Day 2 we had the hotel pack us something, but had a great included buffet breakfast at the hotel that lasted me until back on th ship for supper. Brought water along and even brushed our teeth at the hotel with bottled water. No one on our tour got "tummy" troubles and most of us did eat at the hotel breakfast buffet and also on the Dinner cruise boat. We were very careful not to eat uncooked veggies or any fruits we did not peel ourselves. During out tour we saw the pyramids of Giza, of course. We even had the chance to climb down in a pyramid. Could have had a camel ride, but we had done that in Israel a few years ago, and no none on our tour chose the camel rided either. We also saw the Solar Boat Museum, Saqquara, Memphis, the Sound & Light Show, a Nile Dinner cruise with belly dance and whirling dervish, the Cairo Egyptian Museum (including the Mummy Room, Saladin's Citadel and Mohammed Ali Mosque, plus a stop at the Khan Kahalili Bazaar. Incredibly PACKED days, but ones we will NEVER forget! We had our own bus, our own armed security guard and TWO young and extremely interesting guides who spoke flawless English. EXCELLENT highly recommended tour!

Here is a link to my complete review of our 21 day adventure: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=53361

• 2 weeks later...

Lambs2 - first of all, thanks for the great review. We read it when you first posted it, and really enjoyed it. We are on Jade in November, and are considering Temo Tours. We have one question. You were a group of 10, which is about the size I would prefer to organize. However, on the Temo website, it states that their fleet of vehicles range from 17 passengers, 28 passengers, and 51 passengers. Did Temo combine your group with another on the bus, or did you have one of the smaller ones all to yourselves. Had you heard of them combining any other groups on the larger vehicles?

Thanks for your help.

Patricia

Lambs2 - first of all, thanks for the great review. We read it when you first posted it, and really enjoyed it. We are on Jade in November, and are considering Temo Tours. We have one question. You were a group of 10, which is about the size I would prefer to organize. However, on the Temo website, it states that their fleet of vehicles range from 17 passengers, 28 passengers, and 51 passengers. Did Temo combine your group with another on the bus, or did you have one of the smaller ones all to yourselves. Had you heard of them combining any other groups on the larger vehicles?

Thanks for your help.

Patricia

Hi Patricia. Sorry I have not been checking this board lately. The ten of us had the tour and bus to ourselves. No joining with any other groups. We had the bus, our driver, a security guard and 2 guides (who alternated their presentations to us). There were a couple other Temo groups, but they were totally separate from us. EXCELLENT!

Archived