A Quick Question for Cruisinmama

ckp19

Hi we leave on Sunday for our 1st rcl cruise onboard the FOS. We previously sailed with DCL with the kids . My question is at supper, and during the day if we don`t have the soda card whats drinks may the children (11,6) get.

My son still talks about how how Oswald from DCL had a Chocolate milk waiting every night for him and when it was almost gone another was in front of him. For Eg. is Chocolate milk availabile at no charge during our supper.

My cheapness says the kids ,between the 2 of them would not drink $60.00 worth of soda, as long as there are alternatives ,however if there were not alternatives I would hate to be paying $2-$4 per drink for them.

I know $250.00 wine package is ok for us because there will no be no wine left:) , I just want to see if the Soda Pakage is worth the money.

30 hours and we hit the plane..........

Thanks

We were on the 4/1 sailing of IOS. Our older son is 7 and we did not get a soda card for him. In the morning he was able to have juice and milk either in the main dining room or room service or windjammer. For lunch, we were in the windjammer and juice and milk were free there. For dinner, chocolate milk and or white milk were free. I would not get the soda card unless your kids are big soda drinkers. Also, keep in mind that you can bring a 12pack of soda or bottled water onto the boat with you and keep in your room!

Have a great time, we miss our vacation dearly. Enjoy every minute of your time on the cruise!

No, we have never purchased a soda card for the kids (just my husband the crazed soda drink ;) )

Tell your son that there WILL be chocolate milk for him every night at dinner in the dining room.

There will also be chocolate milk/white milk available for every breakfast in the morning as well (dining room). And they will have apple juice in the morning, no charge.

In Windjammer Buffet

-- for breakfast they have cartons of white/chocolate milk. Apple Juice. Iced Tea and Water

--lunch and dinner, it switches to lemonade or fruit punch, water, iced tea

In Cafe Promenade - you can ask the crew for cartons of milk. I have.

In Sorrento's Pizza - there is iced water. Or you can pick up some milk in the Cafe Promenade and bring it over to Sorrento's.

My kdis won't drink soda, so no need to buy a card when everything they drink is free. :D

If you want to occasionally allow your child a soda, you can buy cans for $2.24 (including the 15% gratuity). No need to get a soda card unless you drink large quantities of soda daily.

They do offer plain soymilk on the ships but it is best to request it in advance (they ran out on my last cruise - first time I didn't request it in advance).

From RCCL's website

Lactose-free/soy milk, Ensure, and kosher meals are no extra charge. All you have to do is notify us at least 45 days prior to sailing. Just send an e-mail that includes the guests' names, reservation ID number, ship's name and voyage date to the relevant address below:

Food allergies - foodallergies@rccl.com

They don't have chocolate soymilk but if they have chocolate syrup available to make regular chocolate milk, they should be able to make chocolate soymilk.

Can't decide between RC Freedom of the Seas and NCL Pearl for Caribbean cruise next Feb! We've been on Mariner and were looking forward to an even bigger ship with more to do (if that's possible!). But now I'm wondering if we wouldn't be just as happy (or almost!) on the Pearl. I like the Pearl's itinerary better, but it would be the smallest ship we've been on. The difference in cost between a balcony on RC and a minisuite on NCL is about $1000 (RC higher). I realize we could save $1000, but we could also waste $3000 if we don't like NCL or the Pearl. What are your thoughts??? How do you compare the two?

Hey Michelle I finally found you!

How and where have you been? Long time we don't talk.....well let's talk on aim one of these days...have lots of news and a new review on our last cruise(Solstice)! It's in my signature....take a look and comment :p:)

See you and have a great week :cool:

Can't decide between RC Freedom of the Seas and NCL Pearl for Caribbean cruise next Feb! We've been on Mariner and were looking forward to an even bigger ship with more to do (if that's possible!). But now I'm wondering if we wouldn't be just as happy (or almost!) on the Pearl. I like the Pearl's itinerary better, but it would be the smallest ship we've been on. The difference in cost between a balcony on RC and a minisuite on NCL is about $1000 (RC higher). I realize we could save $1000, but we could also waste $3000 if we don't like NCL or the Pearl. What are your thoughts??? How do you compare the two?

Well never cruised with NCL and love RCI....BUT If you like the NCL itinerary better and a Suite on NCL is cheaper than a balcony on RCI I would go NCL to try....the Freedom is an awesome ship and yes it's big :eek: but I'm sure the Pearl is a great ship...not that small...and you'll have a great time! Never been on a suite and would definitely switch cruise lines to try one :)

Hope I helped :cool:

Archived