Infinity SF to ALASKA 5/10/09

CSICKSALLY

A friend of mine has given me the opportunity to go on this cruise and I am looking for others that are going. We will not be able to do meet and mingle

so I am wondering how we can connect. I am a newbie to cruising, so I am also looking for any advice. We are in so cal,

css:eek:

A friend of mine has given me the opportunity to go on this cruise and I am looking for others that are going. We will not be able to do meet and mingle

so I am wondering how we can connect. I am a newbie to cruising, so I am also looking for any advice. We are in so cal,

css:eek:

We are also booked on this cruise, and I started a roll call thread. We did this cruise last year and absolutely loved it. We've done Celebrity many times and love everything about it. Here is the link to the roll call thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=949908

Have you ever been to Alaska.

Can I ask why you know already that you won't do the meet and mingle?

As far as connecting, join the roll call thread, it is slow now with just two of us on it, but as the cruise gets going, I'm sure it will become active. You will be able to connect with people and get ideas for shore excursions, etc. that way.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Shirley

CSickSally - you do know the cruise is 5/11 not 5/10 as you state in your message.

We are also on this cruise, our first time to Alaska and really looking forward to this cruise.

A friend of mine has given me the opportunity to go on this cruise and I am looking for others that are going. We will not be able to do meet and mingle so I am wondering how we can connect. I am a newbie to cruising, so I am also looking for any advice. We are in so cal, css:eek:

I am also on this cruise, leaving May 11th. You do not have to attend any meet & mingle event that you do not want to, especially if that would make you uncomfortable. Please come and introduce yourself online and post any of your questions. It is an active roll call and questions are freely answered. We are a diverse, friendly bunch on our roll call and you may be able to connect individually there.

The Alaska board is also a lively one, if you have questions about the ports of call. It will be a very good cruise and we have only a couple of more weeks to wait.

Hello css,

Are you on the May 10th 2010 cruise or the May 11th 2009 one? :confused:

Whichever one it is, start chatting with your roll call mates, because these boards are a friendly & comfortable place to talk & research about your upcoming cruise. You determine what your comfort level is if/when to actually meet your cruisemates. :)

CSickSally - you do know the cruise is 5/11 not 5/10 as you state in your message.

We are also on this cruise, our first time to Alaska and really looking forward to this cruise.

Yes, thank you, I do know that, I caught it just as was pushing the send button

We are also booked on this cruise, and I started a roll call thread. We did this cruise last year and absolutely loved it. We've done Celebrity many times and love everything about it. Here is the link to the roll call thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=949908

Have you ever been to Alaska.

Can I ask why you know already that you won't do the meet and mingle?

As far as connecting, join the roll call thread, it is slow now with just two of us on it, but as the cruise gets going, I'm sure it will become active. You will be able to connect with people and get ideas for shore excursions, etc. that way.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Shirley

Is here a telehone number where I can call you or could you send me an e mail with it if you arer not comfortable posing it here. e mail address is anocseller@aol.com

css

I'd LOVE to know more about this cruise for 2010. What's the weather like that time in May, especially in Alaska? Do you anticipate any rough seas between SF and AK? How was/is the Celebrity Infinity?

I just found this cruise (for 2010) a few days ago and thought it looked great. I've always wanted to go to SF and what a great way to see both. Just have to convince DH. He's been to SF many times and I've never been.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Hi Shirley, Css, and Mrs Charmin (from the Peg! Hi!!),

If you are doing this itinerary next year (10 May 2010), check out the the roll call for this year's cruise as well. Since last year, we've been discussing the Infinity, the ports of call, the excursions, the weather, etc., as well as San Francisco. There's a lot of great info, if you sift through the pages. We won't get a chance to meet, but you will get some very good information to start just by reading the preps that we have been through for the last year:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=751905

The Alaska board, as well as the West Coast departures board, are active and well worth combing through as well.

Enjoy your preparations - the year will just fly by for you as it did for me!

I'd LOVE to know more about this cruise for 2010. What's the weather like that time in May, especially in Alaska? Do you anticipate any rough seas between SF and AK? How was/is the Celebrity Infinity?

I just found this cruise (for 2010) a few days ago and thought it looked great. I've always wanted to go to SF and what a great way to see both. Just have to convince DH. He's been to SF many times and I've never been.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

We did this same cruise on the Infinity last year in early April. We loved the Infinity and consider the cruise one of our favorites. It was freezing cold, but I suspect it will be warmer in May. We didn't have any rough seas ~~ it was "smooth sailing". I've started a roll call for the 5/10/10 cruise -- not much discussion yet because it is early, but I anticipate it will become active. We had a GREAT cruise critic group last year and did lots of things together on the cruise.

Shirley

• 1 month later...

Shirley,

Most of us have been back *at most* a week now... I don't know about anyone else, but my review will be posted eventually -- I've got backlog in my real and work life that I MUST catch up with before taking the time to write a proper review. Please be patient - you've got a year to wait for your cruise and I hope that it turns out as fabulous as ours was. So being patient a little longer waiting for our reviews should be worth the wait...:rolleyes:

Shirley,

Most of us have been back *at most* a week now... I don't know about anyone else, but my review will be posted eventually -- I've got backlog in my real and work life that I MUST catch up with before taking the time to write a proper review. Please be patient - you've got a year to wait for your cruise and I hope that it turns out as fabulous as ours was. So being patient a little longer waiting for our reviews should be worth the wait...:rolleyes:

Okay. I know reality calls. I'll look forward to it whenever you can get to it.

Archived