cruise air

sandian

Hi

Any help with this would be appreciated, We have a cruise booked with RCI for 07.03.2010 and wonder when we will get details of flight. The reason being I wish to contact airline to change return flight to next day. Do you think this would be feasable?.

Thanks for any help

Sandian

A couple of items.

If you book cruise air thought the cruise line you will likely not receive the ariline details until the final documents arrive. Once the tickets are issued, is not the time to try to change flights as you will find that this is not possible.

If you want specific flights and dates and you want to book all of this through the cruise line you would be better off to request custom air which will cost you more money but you will hopefully get what you want. At the same time I would look at the cost of doing this vs. doing the air on your own and getting your own transfers.

Keith

Cruise line arranged flights are not usually given out until approx 30 days prior to your departure.

You will not be able to change cruise air without paying a deviation fee directly to the cruise line. You will not be able to contact the airline independently to change the day of the flights.

The deviation fee can be different depending on the cruise line and the destination. Last I checked, with Princess, the charge is $50 per person for domestic flights and $75 per person for International flights for an air deviation. Plus, if the flight you would like to take is higher in cost, you must pay the difference added on to your cruise air price.

It can add up and make booking your air independently much more reasonable. ;) Good Luck!

With cruise air, your flights are not booked until 60-90 days out. They are typically consolidator class tickets and cannot be changed (or if they can, it will have high fees associated).

If you want to keep cruise air but return a day after your cruise, then you need to do Custom Air which for a fee they will allow you to choose your flights or go in a few days early or late. There is a flat fee to do custom air PLUS the difference in the fares. Typically you can start making custom air requests about 9 months before the cruise.

One note, you may want to research booking air on your own as many times it is less expensive and you have full control over your flights.

READ the sticky at the top of this forum about cruise air and air deviation

BOOK YOUR OWN AIR

Not only will you be able to pick the EXACT flights you want, but you have far more control over your flights. And most likely, you will save money.

Please be aware that cruise air is booked as a CONVENIENCE and the cruise line has NO responsibility/liability if problems occur. If you need transfers, they can be booked separately. You DO NOT need cruise air to get the transfers.

I just realized the OP is NOT in the US. The UK has MUCH better consumer protections and cruise air works much smoother over there due to those protections. OP, contact your TA about changing the dates of your air.

Thanks for the help to all, I booked through a TA in Britain and they will not let me cancel flights as its a cruise air package. We dont have the same help here that you all seem to have we cant swap cruises or cancel without penalties. I will never book through a TA again.

Sandra

Archived