Thalassotherapy Pool on Mercury

STXCruisers

We're planning an Alaska cruise on Mercury in September. We cruised on Mercury a few years ago in a Sky Suite and the t-pool was available to us without charge. This time, we are considering a Sunset Verandah instead of the Sky Suite. I was wondering what the charge is for using the t-pool if you are not in a suite? It may make a difference in our choice of stateroom.

Thanks.

Doris

NO charge for T-pool when in a suite. We used it everyday on our 15 day Hawaii cruise and loved it. There is a, I think, 10.00 per person per day charge when you purchase it for the length of the cruise for other staterooms. Not sure what the one time use charge is though.

Prices can change, but we paid $75 each for a week's pass at Labor Day, and used it every day (scheduled early dinner so we'd be sure to be able to get in it). However, it is not available on embarkation day! That's the day for repairs etc.

it used to be that Elite Captain's Club members could use it free (and I've heard LoisR mention it) but I do not see this listed as a perk any more. Does anyone know for sure?

And it is SO much better than the M Class ships' Tpool.

In checking our final bill I found that we paid $165 for both of us for the T-Pool for the 15 day cruise. We signed up right when we got on board and they have a special the first day.

We also signed up for the Rasul treatment at the same time for $45 special.

So it was $165 for T-Pool, $45 Rasul, $21 gratuity for a total of $231.

Prices can change, but we paid $75 each for a week's pass at Labor Day, and used it every day (scheduled early dinner so we'd be sure to be able to get in it). However, it is not available on embarkation day! That's the day for repairs etc.

it used to be that Elite Captain's Club members could use it free (and I've heard LoisR mention it) but I do not see this listed as a perk any more. Does anyone know for sure?

And it is SO much better than the M Class ships' Tpool.

It is still listed as a benefit for elite - you might have checked when they were changing the wording to remove Galaxy. However the free availability is limited - I guess there are just too many elite members now with the ability to get multiple credits for a cruise and the reciprocal membership benefit with Crown & Anchor.

-

Elite Member Benefits (11+ Cruise Credits)

Includes all benefits of Classic & Select membership, plus:

Private Shipboard Departure Lounge with Continental Breakfast

Priority Tender Service

Priority Waitlist for Dining Room Seating

Complimentary use of the Thalassotherapy Pool *Limitations Apply (Only on Celebrity Mercury)

Thalassotherapy Pool

Complimentary use of the Thalassotherapy Pool (Available only onboard Celebrity Galaxy and Celebrity Mercury) This will be available for unlimited use on port days and scheduled times during sea days for Elite members. Times will vary and are subject to availability. Full details will be available to you once you board for your next cruise.

It is still listed as a benefit for elite - you might have checked when they were changing the wording to remove Galaxy. However the free availability is limited - I guess there are just too many elite members now with the ability to get multiple credits for a cruise and the reciprocal membership benefit with Crown & Anchor.

-

Thanks so much hajekfam! You are right, I probably read that at the time they were changing the wording. I had not checked recently and am very happy to know there is still that reason to want to reach elite status! How long is Mercury going to be in the fleet, however? I think I only have 7 credits!

Thanks so much everyone for the information. It will help us make a decision on which cabin to select. That t-pool is the greatest and we plan to make daily use of it. It is hard on the swimsuits, but well worth it!:p

Doris

I was on the Millie and the T-Pool was really big. I understand the one on the Mercury is much smaller, so obviously doesn't fit as many people. I guess that's why they charge? Also, I think it's tucked into the spa area and not as open and accessible as the one on the Millie.

Just curious, is there a spa cafe on Mercury? We really enjoyed the cold salmon and salads when we were on the Millie.

I am wondering why they charge on Mercury and it's free on M class?

Surfing as we are thinking of doing a shorty on the Merc out of Seattle this fall.

The charge thingy on the M class is one of the great "WINS" for the Internet/Boards such as CC. The company tried to institute a charge for the T pools on M class after "The ships has sailed" pun intended. Oringinally there was no charge and a great feature and therefore it became a Corporate thought that it might become a bit money maker for the company.

=X= cruisers wrote letters, sent emails and used any means to register our thoughts when they tried to put in the charges. The company finally admitted defeat and cancelled the charge program.

The charge thingy on the M class is one of the great "WINS" for the Internet/Boards such as CC. The company tried to institute a charge for the T pools on M class after "The ships has sailed" pun intended. Oringinally there was no charge and a great feature and therefore it became a Corporate thought that it might become a bit money maker for the company.

=X= cruisers wrote letters, sent emails and used any means to register our thoughts when they tried to put in the charges. The company finally admitted defeat and cancelled the charge program.

The T-pool on the Mercury is actually inside the spa itself. On the M-class ships it is in an open area before you get to the actual spa - in fact it is before the forward elevators as you are walking forward.

Also, the Mercury and Galaxy had an indoor pool aft of the buffet area. On the M-class ships this was the only enclosed pool. I think that this is why they originally decided to have the t-pool free on M-class ships.

Since people had booked their cruise when the t-pool on M=class was free, there was really an uproar when they announced that they were going to start charging as it was a change in what was promised and what people paid for in their cruise fare. I also think that they cancelled it because of the logistics of policing the payment and use of the t-pool on the M-class ships. They would have had to make it completely enclosed and have someone there at all times that it was open to admit those that paid.

Thanks for the explanations. I do remember having to pay to use it on Galaxy a bazillion years ago--actually booked a spa treatment since use of it was included. I was delighted to find it for no cost on Summit, and will REALLY miss it on Solstice--it was the best therapy ever for R&R after those long days pounding the pavement in the Med ports. Hopefully the hot tubs will be functioning and not too crowded on Solstice.

Cathy

Archived