Don't Remember

TravelGal22

I've cruised Carnival before but I don't remember the tipping guidelines. We "won" a cruise and only have to pay $400 total for taxes and fees. The rest is paid for but I don't believe that includes tipping. So my question is, what is the appropriate amount to tip everyone?

They will charge your shipboard account $10 per day per person, (no matter what their age). This is for your waiter, asst waiter and cabin steward and $1 toward the buffet basically.

You will be charged 15% added to any barbills or drinks, even coke or water. You may add on tips to camp for children or maitre d', what else do you expect to tip for?

They will charge your shipboard account $10 per day per person, (no matter what their age). This is for your waiter, asst waiter and cabin steward and $1 toward the buffet basically.

You will be charged 15% added to any barbills or drinks, even coke or water. You may add on tips to camp for children or maitre d', what else do you expect to tip for?

That's pretty much the people I expected to tip. Do you by any chance know if the 15% is split between the cocktail server and the bartender or does it go to just one of them?

From Carnival:What is the tipping policy onboard?spacer.gifService Gratuities

For your convenience, we automatically charge the gratuities for dining and stateroom staff to your onboard Sail & Sign account. The total amount is $10.00 per guest, per day (our recommended guideline) as follows:

$ 3.50 Per Day Stateroom Services

$ 5.50 Per Day Dining Room Services

$ 1.00 Per Day Alternative Services: distributed to other kitchen and hotel service staff

For Cruises-To-Nowhere, gratuities of $10 per guest, per day must be prepaid.

Our Staff is totally committed to exceed your expectations in every way possible. If you are not satisfied with the service you receive, we encourage you to contact the Purser’s Information desk while onboard. This will allow us to address your concerns in a timely and appropriate fashion. At your discretion, you may adjust the gratuities at any time.

For beverage purchases, fifteen percent of the bill is automatically added to the Sail & Sign charge. Room Service staff may be tipped as service is rendered. Tipping your Maître d’ is at your discretion, based upon the service you receive.

Archived