Looking for Greek restaurant near The Sutton Hotel

Are there any Greek restaurants near The Sutton Hotel that has excellent food? If not, willing to taxi to restaurant if there’s one near by. Any other recommendations on a nice elegant restaurant for dinner, no French or Chinese would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Casual eligance, try Joe Fortes, a touch stone of Vancouver restaurants on Thurlow between Alberni & Robson. Kind of an eclectic menu, consisting of steaks, chops and fish.

http://www.joefortes.ca/

A step up from there would be Bacchus in the Wedgewood, a boutique hotel on Hornby St, again just a short walk from the Sutton Place.

http://www.wedgewoodhotel.com/index.php

Stephos is good if you are on a budget and if you do not mind waiting in line. It is popular because the servings are huge relative to the price you pay (~$10 for a main dish). It is not up there in terms of quality, but it is good enough. We do order a "to go" meal from there from time to time (can't be bothered waiting in line - a waste of my life, in my opinion) so I am not really slagging it off.

BUT, if you are okay paying a little bit more for better quality, and if you do not want to line up for 45 minutes, try Taki's, which is practically next door to Stepho's.

To answer your other question, I would recommend the Raincity Grill for a nice elegant-ish restaurant. http://www.raincitygrill.com/

They use fresh local ingredients and it is right by English Bay

Are there any Greek restaurants near The Sutton Hotel that has excellent food? If not, willing to taxi to restaurant if there’s one near by. Any other recommendations on a nice elegant restaurant for dinner, no French or Chinese would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

I can't comment on Van but if you ever get to the east coast, Opa in Halifax has the best Greek food we ever had. Cost for two was $102 including a $40 bottle of wine. :)

• 1 month later...

from the Fairmont and if not is it a safe place to walk to ??? I love Greek food being Greek.LOL And any time I can visit a Greek restaurant I will YUM....We would eat early like 3:00 ish and get to go for dinner. YES???

If in Boston visit Steve's Greek Restaurant on 316 Newbury St.,Boston MA. phone 1-617-267-1817...a family run bussiness for years...I have no connection to the restaurant except it is as close to homecooking greek style,you can get. And when in Boston the only place I run to...Egg Lemon soup to die for,and a piece of spinach pie so generous!!!! And the GYROS with greek sausage and yougurt/cukecumber dressing........YUM!!!!!!!

Thank you for the tip!! Capecoddah

Archived