Help - Stay in Victoria or Vancouver

We have 2 days prior to boarding our trip to Alaska. I hate packing from one city to another every night. Would anyone recommend staying the 2 days in Victoria? Or is it easier to spend the 2 days in Vancouver and take a boat to Victoria? Appreciate advice.

We have 2 days prior to boarding our trip to Alaska. I hate packing from one city to another every night. Would anyone recommend staying the 2 days in Victoria? Or is it easier to spend the 2 days in Vancouver and take a boat to Victoria? Appreciate advice.

We'll be staying in Vancouver after our cruise. Traveling to Victoria is about 4 hours each way, I found out (unless you take the float plane, which is expensive). That's too much for us, so we'll just stay in Vancouver and explore all that the city has to offer. I guess we'll hit Victoria some other time.

It is a very full day to travel back and forth to Victoria but people do it all the time and there is lots of light in the spring and summer evenings. Part of the the 4 hrs in either direction is the 1hr and 35 mins sailing on the ferry which is a beautiful trip in itself as the ferry passes thru the Gulf Islands, in one of the passes you can all reach out and touch the shore. I would suggest that you want to get going early and be on one of the first sailings over and an evening one coming back; this way you will have time to say visit Butchart Gardens and see a bit of the city. You may also want to consider a reservation for the ferry if you are traveling by car. I am also going provide you with a link to Pacific Coach Lines that opperates back and forth between the cities.

http://www.bcferries.com/

www.pacificcoach.com/

Archived