Swine flu updates from Cruise Critic

If any fellow passengers on the upcoming 5/3 Valor read this - if they do try to fit in another port, it is possible that the Cozumel stop on the 8th will be replaced with a stop on the 9th at either Key West or Freeport. Both of those ports have no ships scheduled to be in port on those days.

This is all merely speculation, but if you want to see what ports will already have ships in them and what ports will be available on any particular days, try searching http://www.cruisett.com

We are on the same sailing. If I can get word one way or another about calling on Mexico in two weeks, we will decide on staying or switching to a caribbean cruise. What a total bummer. Mariner is our favorite and we have waited so long to get her over to California. Now we will have to consider another $1,000 in airfare and the chaos of booking a last minute sailing. We will NOT choose to float around San Diego where it has been 60 degrees all week. Not any cruise lines fault, but this media induced panic is really rubbing me wrong.

Ditto...our party is coming from MN and So.Cal. When we've booked a southern/warm cruise, the thought of a change to the Pacific Northwest itinerary isn't necessarily ideal. I've heard it's great - but something we'd prefer to plan on. We just suffered through a long winter ;)

I'm wondering if they do change the itinerary drastically if they'd allow us to just change the reservation to a caribbean sailing on the same date or what red tape would be involved in doing so? (ie. upcharges, etc...) (Not to mention the flight...)

If any fellow passengers on the upcoming 5/3 Valor read this - if they do try to fit in another port, it is possible that the Cozumel stop on the 8th will be replaced with a stop on the 9th at either Key West or Freeport. Both of those ports have no ships scheduled to be in port on those days.

This is all merely speculation, but if you want to see what ports will already have ships in them and what ports will be available on any particular days, try searching http://www.cruisett.com

Half Moon Kay is free too.

Listening to Arlen explain his actions today, the only epiphany was votes not light. You folks are welcome to him. I'm sure you will find him a reliable fellow traveler. :rolleyes:

Once again, they aren't my people. They are America's choice.

is there any port that they even COULD add to the 4 day baja cruise to make up for ensenada or is it a guaranteed day at sea????? I'm not too concerned about it but my boyfriend doesnt know how he feels about only having one port instead of two.. I guess he feels like it is a waste. I tried explaning how much stuff there is available on the ship to do but yeah didnt do me too much good. I called carnival and they said they were currently "exploring" other port options.... but I just cant imagine WHERE they would go. 4 days isnt long enough to go any further (I dont think)

is there any port that they even COULD add to the 4 day baja cruise to make up for ensenada or is it a guaranteed day at sea????? I'm not too concerned about it but my boyfriend doesnt know how he feels about only having one port instead of two.. I guess he feels like it is a waste. I tried explaning how much stuff there is available on the ship to do but yeah didnt do me too much good. I called carnival and they said they were currently "exploring" other port options.... but I just cant imagine WHERE they would go. 4 days isnt long enough to go any further (I dont think)

No biggie for us, I really was considering not going into Ensenada anyway. This way I do not have to make that choice. I am cruising to relax this time and if I am just floating around in circles I am okl with that LOL.

Half Moon Kay is free too.

Oh, I forgot about that one - I haven't been there yet either! Of course all the cruise lines will be trying to fit Key West and Bahamas locations into their itineraries for the next week or two at least. It must be cray right now at the cruise line offices trying to adjust so many itineraries.

Oh no, that's awful!! Now I feel bad for complaining. I hope you're able to get everything worked out. Having just gotten married, I know you probably can't take one more thing to have to plan and worry about! Good luck. I hope it all works out for you.

Thanks for the kind words (to everybody that responded)! It's been tough seeing my bride cry herself to sleep everynight because she didn't know if she would have a wedding. We saw a bunch of people complaining about their vacations being "ruined" over not stopping in Cozumel and we wanted to make a post saying "look on the bright side... at least it's not ruining your wedding and honeymoon"! We had about 20 family and friends scheduled to go with us on the cruise. However, it looks like we'll be able to reschedule the wedding to our Key West stop and our honeymoon to Bahamas so we're getting excited again! Let's all remember that this is a relatively small inconvenience and it's going to be great!

Apologies in advance if this is repeat info -- it's hard to keep up now that this thread is almost 40 pages long!

Note from Laura, from Carnival Splendor: "We're going to San Fran. We'll port there on Friday...will be there until 10 p.m. The Mariner of the Seas is in port here in Cabo [remember, Splendor is making just a technical stop, no guests allowed off]. Everyone disembarked.....the ship's empty."

Based on today's multitude of itinerary changes, those cruisers are among the last to visit Mexico by ship, at least until swine flu-related travel warnings are relaxed.

That's great news about Key West -- and better to be safe than sorry, especially on your wedding day!

Thanks for the kind words (to everybody that responded)! It's been tough seeing my bride cry herself to sleep everynight because she didn't know if she would have a wedding. We saw a bunch of people complaining about their vacations being "ruined" over not stopping in Cozumel and we wanted to make a post saying "look on the bright side... at least it's not ruining your wedding and honeymoon"! We had about 20 family and friends scheduled to go with us on the cruise. However, it looks like we'll be able to reschedule the wedding to our Key West stop and our honeymoon to Bahamas so we're getting excited again! Let's all remember that this is a relatively small inconvenience and it's going to be great!

We've rounded up every cruise line's itinerary changes in one place, and we will update it as info comes in: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3199

More info has come in.

Carnival Fantasy to Key West instead of Progreso and a sea day for Cozumel...

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/itinerary_updates.aspx

Listening to Arlen explain his actions today, the only epiphany was votes not light. You folks are welcome to him. I'm sure you will find him a reliable fellow traveler. :rolleyes:

He was on the national news and had a great quote about his "10,000" votes he claimed to have made. He said something along the lines of:

"Not everyone agrees with ever vote I make. There are some even I dont agree with."

Now how can you argue with logic like that.:confused:

Looking forward to a good cigar. :cool:

More info has come in.

Carnival Fantasy to Key West instead of Progreso and a sea day for Cozumel...

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/itinerary_updates.aspx

And among the other changes, Valor has swapped a stop in Cozumel for Key West on it's current voyage. I'm betting it will be the same for its next sailing (which is the one we're on). The wife hasn't been to Key West yet, so she's happy.

The Carnival Ecstasy isn't getting either of it's Mexican ports replaced - I'm really feeling bad for you guys.

Archived