Swine flu updates from Cruise Critic

Sorry to thread hijack a little.

Melissa, as we really don't have this type of thread over on the Princess boards is there any chance of you getting a hold of someone at Princess to see if we are going to get any info from them before we sail.

Unlike my dear Carnival (how I wish we had booked with you instead of Princess, I won't cheat on you again :D ) Princess isn't saying a word.

You aren't hijacking at all -- we are covering every cruise line's changes! We just started chatting over here on the Carnival forum because we happen to have folks onboard Carnival Splendor's diverted sailing.

We've been in touch with Princess throughout the day and they have said new info will be issued today. It just hasn't been issued yet. We will publish it as soon as we receive it (have you been checking out our line-by-line guide? It's here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3199).

Sorry to thread hijack a little.

Melissa, as we really don't have this type of thread over on the Princess boards is there any chance of you getting a hold of someone at Princess to see if we are going to get any info from them before we sail.

Unlike my dear Carnival (how I wish we had booked with you instead of Princess, I won't cheat on you again :D ) Princess isn't saying a word.

Hey Melissa,

Since you seem to be the manager of all things swine related (thank you so much by the way) I have a quick question (sorry it's a big of a highjack). Did I get sensored? I posted a poll on how bad people thought swine flu is and now it's gone (actually I posted two, I failed on my first attempt, but the second was great and the link was "invalid" after only a few minutes). Any idea why? This was on the main Carnival page.

I would like to take this moment to apologize to everyone affected by this. Had I never booked a cruise going to Mexico this would have never happened. Murphy's Law!!!!

BD

Are you saying you should change your name to Schleprock?:rolleyes:

I doubt that you can take credit for this. Anyways, the media is blaming ground zero kid.

I would like to take this moment to apologize to everyone affected by this. Had I never booked a cruise going to Mexico this would have never happened. Murphy's Law!!!!

BD

OMG, my husband and I said the same thing to each other this morning. Nothing is ever "easy" for us and we actually had to laugh at our terrible luck in cruise booking. We are booked for May 30th on Ecstasy out of Galveston. Only 2 port stops are in Mexico. I can't stand the thought of 5 days at sea with my TWO 5 year olds who will just be devasted if they don't get to swim with the dolphins.

Amy

OK, so Veendam is listed on some Web sites' calendars for today, but HAL says that's old info -- that ship is in dry dock.

So that's not it...

If I hear anything from Carnival about a ship not having stopped in Grand Cayman, I will let you know. It could very well be what's already been suggested -- that bad weather prohibited tendering. That's happened to me, the last time I was supposed to go there in fact!

Thank you!

"In the unlikely event that our new itinerary options are not to your liking, we will also give you the opportunity to reschedule your cruise at a later date. Those details will also be made available tomorrow."

I can't go through another day of this gggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:mad::mad:

Archived