Carnival Sensation Cat 12 SS Balcony Pictures?

ksmcali

Has anyone sailed on the Carnival Sensation Cat 12 SS extended balconies since its recent dry dock. I'm booked on the Ecstasy for November and love to see just how big the new extended balconies are on the Cat 12s.

Id have to do a more complete search of the Carnival threads. I did come up with pics of the owner's suite after Sensation was remodeled, which can be had for a few hundred $$$$ more than a cat 12 and is much nicer. (per one of the links in tom and cherly's posts)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=957623&highlight=penthouse

Id have to do a more complete search of the Carnival threads. I did come up with pics of the owner's suite after Sensation was remodeled, which can be had for a few hundred $$$$ more than a cat 12 and is much nicer. (per one of the links in tom and cherly's posts)

Thanks firefly333, We're booked on the Ecstasy for November, about a month after it comes out of dry dock. I don't think it has an owner's suite???? If it did, I would definately be all over that one. The Ecstasy is suppose to get a similar revamp as the Sensation with 8 of its penthouse suites getting extended balconies. This will be my 10th cruise. I've used these boards alot for information, always been able to do searches and find what I was looking for, but I've never posted until now. The Ecstasy will be our first cruise with baby girl (2 yo) and we wanted to book something roomy. I've sailed a cat 12 on the Carnival Inspiration before, but no extended balcony. We're a bit spoiled, as our last two cruises were suites with Norwegian and Holland America, lots of suite perks! But, Galveston is so close, and since its our first time cruising with a baby, we thought a 5-day would be a good tester.

I'm interested in seeing a balcony pic of the new Cat 12 SS suits so I can see how big and what lounge chairs are there. We're also traveling with my Mom and Dad (first cruise with the parents, but their great built-in baby-sitters!) who will have an inside across the hall from us, so we'll likely all be out on the balcony a good bit.

If anyone has any pics, that would be great!

I think all ships have owner's suites, but you have to ask for them to book one. They often go unbooked. From what I have read, they were built on all Fantasy class ships. Trying to find some information. Everyone does agree they dont market them you have to know about them and ask. Here is one post about where they are.

Verandah deck aft of the Grand Atrium is where they were. I had a cruise scheduled on a Fantasy class a few years back and was in conversation with Uncle Bob [then Pres] about a variety of other subjects. I asked if they ever actively tried to sell the OS's, they were not then. Then I 'suggested' that I would not mind if he would upgrade me into one. He asked what ship? Turned out they were already gone on that ship, RATS!

I definetely wouldnt assume they dont have them on Ecstasy.

Hope you find your cat 12 pics.

Firefly333, just wanted to say thanks again. I took your advice and called about the Owner's Suite and we're trying to book it. There's a bit of confusion, as they're checking availability. Seems their not sure whether that's the area their going to use to convert into the new Circle C club to be added during the dry dock in September. But, if the Ecstasy still has an Owner's Suite post dry dock, then we're gonna be sailing in her in November. Thanks again! I learn something new on these boards everyday!

:eek::D A few Hundred...:eek: I called about the Price of the Owners Suite on my Imagination cruise and it was a LITTLE OVER TWICE what my Cat 12 is running me..:rolleyes: A Few Hundred..:D, I would have been on it, But not $4,000.00 for a 4 Day trip for 2 people.. Just thought I would share that. I Did get the Reservation # from Tom and Cherly's Posting..:)

• 4 months later...

I am also interested in seeing pictures of the Carnival Sensation category 12 SS stateroom, penthouse suite with extended balcony. My family is going in May 2010 for my sister's wedding. My mother is extremely claustrophobic and needs the biggest room available.

Archived