legend out of tampa which hotel?

Toni12345

Checking out the Florida Departures board in the Ports section might yield you a lot of options.

We stayed at Chase Suites and booked the "ship to shore'" package; transportation to the hotel, to the pier, and back from the pier to the airport included. Great clean place, Bahama Breeze restaurant in the "backyard".

ETA - About 10 minutes or so from the airport and 20ish to the pier. Can't remember exact times...it's been awhile!

Closest are any of the hotels listed as "downtown"...there is The Marriott Waterside, Wyndham Harbour Island, an Embassy Suites and a Hyatt where you can find good rates for the weekends.

I have stayed at the above mentioned Chase Suites before (my company put me up there during my move to Tampa)...and it's great if you have a group. They are all suites...some are two bedroom....right on the water & next to Bahama Breeze. Maybe about 15 mins to the Port.

Alot of people stay in the Westshore area....lots of hotels to choose from and restaurants are close by.

I would like some info on hotels real close to Tampa port. Please help. 8/2/09 Legend.

We are on the cruise with you and staying at the Marriott, which is walking distance from the port.

• 2 weeks later...

Setsail,

Within 10 minutes or less from the port are 2 Marriotts, Hyatt, Radison, Embassy Suite, Hilton Garden Inn, a Hampton and I believe its now a Westin on Harbor Island. They are all either downtown or in Ybor City Any one of these hotels are more then satisfactory. I believe you will get your best rate at the Radison Riverside. If you contact the sales dept of any of these hotels, I'm sure you can get a better rate then just calling regular reservations. ALL Tampa hotels are very competitive on price. Here is a link with info on many of them. You may also want to contact a travel agency to check out these group rates.

http://www.visittampabay.com/static/index.cfm?action=group&contentID=851

Enjoy your trip

Mark

Archived