Disappointed

Firtree

Found out today that we are going to have to cancel our 2/21/10, 14 day sailing on the Dawn. Found out that this cruise has been chartered, and its devoted to the Cayamo music festival. What I'm a bit upset about is that NCL is still selling this cruise to the general public, when in fact, this particular cruise isn't even open to the general public yet.

I understand that there is paperwork, and details on a chartered cruise to work out, but this particular one has a website devoted to this sailing, and obviously has been in the works for quite some time.

When I called NCL, they don't show it in their records! But, in talking with one of the reps, she said she knows they DO do this sailing every year, and that if it were her, she'd cancel now rather than wait months and THEN find out when they get around to notifying the non charter people.

Guess trying NCL will have to wait now.....as a 3 time cruiser with Princess, I can now get a 14 day on the Grand for less than what NCL was offering thru my agent.

Beth

Found out today that we are going to have to cancel our 2/21/10, 14 day sailing on the Dawn. Found out that this cruise has been chartered, and its devoted to the Cayamo music festival. What I'm a bit upset about is that NCL is still selling this cruise to the general public, when in fact, this particular cruise isn't even open to the general public yet.

I understand that there is paperwork, and details on a chartered cruise to work out, but this particular one has a website devoted to this sailing, and obviously has been in the works for quite some time.

When I called NCL, they don't show it in their records! But, in talking with one of the reps, she said she knows they DO do this sailing every year, and that if it were her, she'd cancel now rather than wait months and THEN find out when they get around to notifying the non charter people.

Guess trying NCL will have to wait now.....as a 3 time cruiser with Princess, I can now get a 14 day on the Grand for less than what NCL was offering thru my agent.

Beth

Wow..I know that is disappointing, but maybe a blessing in disguise if you can save $1000.00 with Princess for the same number of days and I am assuming the same type of cabin. That would be the deal breaker for the Dawn for me. We could all use an extra $1000.00.

Wow..I know that is disappointing, but maybe a blessing in disguise if you can save $1000.00 with Princess for the same number of days and I am assuming the same type of cabin. That would be the deal breaker for the Dawn for me. We could all use an extra $1000.00.

It's not a $1000 savings, but it is a few hundred less...

Beth

Is the entire 14 days the private charter. We booked the 2.26.10 Dawn 9 day sailing to S. Caribbean. Is that affected too? Thanks for any input anyone can give.:confused:

Is the entire 14 days the private charter. We booked the 2.26.10 Dawn 9 day sailing to S. Caribbean. Is that affected too? Thanks for any input anyone can give.:confused:

No, I don't believe that part will be affected...but since we really want to do the 14 days, we're going to move the whole thing.....so far as I know it's only the first 5 days of the cruise...I think you'll be fine.

It's not a $1000 savings, but it is a few hundred less...

Oh sorry Beth.. LOL.. You said ON the Grand...I totally missed that. Yeah.. that would make me more upset if I had to change plans and it was only a few hundred dollars difference. I hope you had not already booked airfare,etc.

Oh sorry Beth.. LOL.. You said ON the Grand...I totally missed that. Yeah.. that would make me more upset if I had to change plans and it was only a few hundred dollars difference. I hope you had not already booked airfare,etc.

No, thank goodness I hadn't..but I had been looking at flights....I'm glad I held off on that!!Part of what I'm bummed about is that we wanted to try a different line for comparison sake....we love Princess, but wanted to try something else......oh well, I know "stuff" happens, so I'll do some more research!

Beth

Beth,

I can imagine how disappointed you are, thank goodness we never book more than 6 months in advance.

The only thing I can say is, like Terry, you saved a little money and this charter thing happens all the time. In fact there are a couple of lines (I won't mention which) that do this all the time. At least you had over a years notice.

Nita

Come do Mardi Gras with on NCL Spirit Feb 7, 2010 with a bunch of other first time NCL cruisers. May be not as long as the 14 day you were originally planning on doing but any cruise is better than no cruise at all! :D

Come do Mardi Gras with on NCL Spirit Feb 7, 2010 with a bunch of other first time NCL cruisers. May be not as long as the 14 day you were originally planning on doing but any cruise is better than no cruise at all! :D

Thanks for the invite, but we can only go end of February, so thats out...! But, we did book back on Princess Grand, and we do love Princess too.......oh well, maybe another year we'll try NCL!

Sad thing is, NCL still shows it as not a charter, so now i feel bad for anyone else that doesn't know about it.....thank goodness for cruise critic!! Otherwise, I wouldn't know either!!

Beth

Archived