Card Key Size?

winddncer

I need a little help from previous Celebrity cruisers. Could somebody please tell me the dimensions of the card key used on Celebrity?

Also, is the long side vertical or horizontal?

I'm getting some neck wallets from work for my group and don't want to get one that won't work (size-wise).

Thanks Bunches

I need a little help from previous Celebrity cruisers. Could somebody please tell me the dimensions of the card key used on Celebrity?

I'm getting some neck wallets from work for my group and don't want to get one that won't work (size-wise).

Thanks Bunches

Same as your credit cards. It's inserted on the short end.

On my last few cruises, I've taken my card key to passenger services and gotten them to punch a hole for me so that I can wear it on a lanyard. It appears to be a request they're accustomed to getting.

I do, however, make a point of sticking it in my pocket or inside my shirt when I'm ashore. No use in painting a target on yourself! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info.

When I was on my last cruise, I got the group generic plastic sleeves on a lanyard for about 1.00 at w-mart. Was the greatest 4 bucks I invested in for the cruise. We got one of those removable sticky hooks (3m) and put it on the mirror and everyone hung up their key card in the room. That way, no one was panicking when they couldn't find their keys.

I'm putting together a pre-cruise gift pack for my group with essentials for this trip and one of the things I'm getting is badge holders with pouches. I'm also getting them really good travel coffee tumblers, and some other great things. Not going to spoil it in case they decide to lurk on the boards.

I work for a Advertising Specialties Distributor and one of the benefits is "Personal Samples". Advertising Specialties are the logo'd chatchkies that you get from companies (like at the fair, or from an employer). Blank samples are great for something like this.

Just an FYI

No need to "panic" over losing your on board card. You simply go to the front desk and they make you another. No one else can use it without signing for their purchases. If the signatures aren't yours, no problem.

I've lost a couple and had a couple begin to malfuncton during the cruise. No big deal.

Same with reboarding....no big deal. That's WHY they take your photo when checking in.

Just an FYI

No need to "panic" over losing your on board card. You simply go to the front desk and they make you another. No one else can use it without signing for their purchases. If the signatures aren't yours, no problem.

I've lost a couple and had a couple begin to malfuncton during the cruise. No big deal.

Same with reboarding....no big deal. That's WHY they take your photo when checking in.

I am seriously ADHD and regularly lose my car keys in my own home. I have found that the only way to truly survive is to hang it somewhere...in the same place...everytime. I like the idea of the shoe organizer, but can't get everyone on-board (no pun intended) with the idea.

Thanks Bunches

Just got back from Mercury cruise thru Panama Canal. Still have my card: it measures 2 1/8 by 3 3/8 inches. The short end is the one inserted into the door.:p

:rolleyes::)

Thanks Bunches

Just measured my card it is 2 1/8 by 3 3/8 inches. Short side is inserted into the door.

Archived