Intercontinental and upgrade?

tmlawchick

We found a great deal on the Intercontinental through Hotwire (all indicators are that it is this hotel) but assume that is for the crappiest room in the hotel. Has anyone succesfully upgraded to a better room at this hotel after booking through Hotwire or Priceline, and how did you go about it? Was it cheaper than booking direct?

We found a great deal on the Intercontinental through Hotwire (all indicators are that it is this hotel) but assume that is for the crappiest room in the hotel. Has anyone succesfully upgraded to a better room at this hotel after booking through Hotwire or Priceline, and how did you go about it? Was it cheaper than booking direct?

I reserved through Priceline and wen we arrived they put us on the 16th floor oceanfront. I did give them my priority club number which may have helped.

I reserved through Priceline and wen we arrived they put us on the 16th floor oceanfront. I did give them my priority club number which may have helped.

I called and did the same thing. While I'm hoping for an upgrade, I'll be completely satisfied with my King Gardenview if nothing is offered. I'm just glad to be staying here at a cheap rate of $95 in the middle of winter! :D

I called and did the same thing. While I'm hoping for an upgrade, I'll be completely satisfied with my King Gardenview if nothing is offered. I'm just glad to be staying here at a cheap rate of $95 in the middle of winter! :D

We arrived at 3:00 pm and enjoyed the pool and beach. Dined at Ruth Chris and gambled a little. We lucked out they had rain two days before w arrived. The beds are very comfortable and the hotel is clean.

the upgrade was nice, but I won't be bummed if it doesn't happen again. I'd rather have an airfare upgrade to business class or a cruise upgrade to a nice suite.

We arrived at 3:00 pm and enjoyed the pool and beach. Dined at Ruth Chris and gambled a little. We lucked out they had rain two days before w arrived. The beds are very comfortable and the hotel is clean.

the upgrade was nice, but I won't be bummed if it doesn't happen again. I'd rather have an airfare upgrade to business class or a cruise upgrade to a nice suite.

I don't think Ruth Chris is open anymore which is a bummer. :( We love Ruth Chris and that would have been nice. And you're so right about the upgrade. No big deal as I would much rather prefer an upgrade to 1st class on my flight or suite on the ship!:D

I don't think Ruth Chris is open anymore which is a bummer. :( We love Ruth Chris and that would have been nice. And you're so right about the upgrade. No big deal as I would much rather prefer an upgrade to 1st class on my flight or suite on the ship!:D

It was open in February and quite busy. Are you sure?

Archived