12:20 Flight Vancouver

seamare

We are arriving in Vancouver on the Ryndam on a Friday in September in the morning. We have one person flying out at 12 noon and two of us flying out at 12:20 pm to US airports. I called Customer Service at HAL to see if we could use their special baggage/customs service (US DIRECT) to get to the airport on time. The person who answered stated that there would be no problem making our flights. We sign up for that service after we are onboard. They have us take a special bus to the airport, and I believe we go through a special customs routine onboard. They take our luggage the night before and we do not see it until we arrive at our final airport. You must have signed up to use the cruiseline's transfer services to qualify for this. He says they always try to have everyone off the ship by 9:30am. I would suggest you check to see if you are using the airline that uses US Direct. Good luck!!

Here is a link to the US Direct Program. HAL does participate in the program so you just need to check and see if your Airline does. So if your airline does participate then you should be able to make 12 and 12.20 flights...if they don't then its back to the drawing board.

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/usdirectprocess.aspx

We are arriving in Vancouver on the Ryndam on a Friday in September in the morning. We have one person flying out at 12 noon and two of us flying out at 12:20 pm to US airports. I called Customer Service at HAL to see if we could use their special baggage/customs service (US DIRECT) to get to the airport on time. The person who answered stated that there would be no problem making our flights. We sign up for that service after we are onboard. They have us take a special bus to the airport, and I believe we go through a special customs routine onboard. They take our luggage the night before and we do not see it until we arrive at our final airport. You must have signed up to use the cruiseline's transfer services to qualify for this. He says they always try to have everyone off the ship by 9:30am. I would suggest you check to see if you are using the airline that uses US Direct. Good luck!!

What does Hal charge for this service???

Archived