what to do in samana st thomas and tortola

a-w

hi im traveling with my father mother and brother to samana, st Thomas and Tortola any suggestions on what to do my mother had 2 back surgerys so we cant do naything that is giong to hurt her back im looking at maybe a beach and snorkl of the beach if there is a private beaches we can do. and i also would like to do the ecurstions on my own its a lot cheaper since there is 4 of us thx for any sugestions

• 2 weeks later...

I did the NCL cruise in late march with that same itinerary. We took a ferry from the ship to Cayo Levantado ( arranged via NCL website excursions BEFORE the cruise) while in Samana. It was very hot but relaxing. NCL had a specific area with chairs and beach activites. There were several ferrys thru-out the day going back to the ship.

In St. Thomas I suggest you hire a private taxi to show you around the island. We used Arthur Pickering Taxi 0149 (340) 776-4713. He had a clean, nice car and stayed with us all day as we went shopping, out to Megan's Bay and then a tour around the island with stops for photos. Just ask him his price for the day. I think we paid him about $75 for 3 of us. It was so worth it because we didn't have to wait for others. You can find the taxi's just 2 blocks from where the ships dock.

Tortola was beautiful and we arranged a NCL excursion to the Baths. We got off the ship in Tortola and then were given tickets to our ferry. The ferrys are huge and fit lots of people. There are lots of representatives in the port to help you out and answer questions. The ferry ride to the Baths in Virgin Gorda was about 30 min long. Once there we had 2 path options to walk down to the water. One path was more challenging than the other. There is a bar/restaurant at the top where the taxis drop you off. This island is very small and we were given a short 'island tour' as we drove in an open air truck taxi to the Baths.

Hope this helps you! Enjoy your cruise and travels.

I was in Tortola last week and it was absolutely beautiful! We went to Cane Garden Bay, which was white sands and torquoise water. The taxi's are expensive, but for $6 per person, they had an open air bus right outside the port that took a large group of us to the beach and came back at the time we asked. We just spent the day in the beautiful water. They also rented lounge chairs and umbrellas for $5 each. They had a restaurant and bars on the beach. This is one of the most beautiful islands that I have seen! :D

Archived