PCC loyalty?

cacj

We like to be loyal. We have a great PCC at NCL. But, fares are dropping and online cruise companies are offering combination incentives...

Here is the thing, we don't like to hurt someone, especially in this economy....if we transfer our booking to a TA, does it hurt the PCC in anyway economically?

I guess my question is poorly worded....

We also have economic needs, and a switch of our NCL booking to a TA booking might save us several hundred dollars, which we could use.

Does switching the booking hurt the NCL Personal Cruise Consultant in any way?

I would look after yourself first...a couple hundred dollars is a massage, bottle of wine at dinner, and a shore excursion....noone can blame you for being a savvy consumer.... You might want to ask the pcc if they wod match the offer

Thanks for your replies. We are not rich by any means....very average fixed income, actually.

In these times, it is just so hard to balance the humane approach with being savvy consumer.....folks work hard, and you just don't want to add to an increasing burden for them....it is the same way with being onboard the ship, we often tip additional to our crew, but we found this past cruise it was a little harder for us, and we sure didn't splurge on any extras because of our economics are tightening. When it came down to it, we chose to tip rather than have a cocktail....that is the kind of working class stiffs we are....oh well.

So yes, that little extra we save will probably go right back to NCL in form of spa, specialty restaurant and/or additional tip to crew.

A PCC can do things that an online TA can't, or is not necessarily willing to do (without twisting his arm). That's why I've pretty much stayed with mine regardless of the difference, altho I have been sorely tempted. But my PCC was able to pull strings for me that no TA ever could have and that saved me more than any deal a TA could have done. She changes (and selects) rooms for me at all stages of the countdown, upgrades me easily when I've found the fares have dropped, etc. We have a great relationship, and she helps keep me coming back to NCL.

That being said, the online TA's deals look so enticing sometimes. As long as your reservation and situation is glitch-free, should be no problem.

I personally love my PCC and have found she will always work for me to find the better deal, she always calls me right back if I leave a message or send her an e-mail and things are taken care of promptly. With TA's I have not had such good luck. I think you should let your PCC know what you have found through the TA and see if NCL can match this.

Actually, based on your responses, I felt very encouraged. And it paid off, for I called our PCC and she was able to find the deal, and we are all very happy. I really didn't want to switch, as I find her quite personable, and I want to be able to have someone who will go that extra mile....our last cruise with a TA didn't prove too favorable in that regard, so this is much happier for us. Thanks for your feedback!

Archived