Anyone used the luggage handling feature at the Pan Pacific?

I just tried finding some posts on this via the search feature, but didn't see any ~ but apologize if this is a duplication.

I had read about the luggage handling feature with the Pan Pacific and wrote them to confirm. I got a response yesterday, but I'm not really clear what they mean by "inspect luggage." (see highlighted section below)

Has anyone used this feature? Can you confirm what they mean by this? I have visions of a bellhop pillaging through my luggage contents ~ sure hope that's not it!

Thank you for your inquiry. On the morning of your departure you can phone down to the bell desk and request a bellman to come and pick up your luggage from your room. You will need to be present in your room when they come and collect your luggage as they will need to quickly inspect your luggage with you and you will need to let them know which cruise ship your luggage needs to be delivered to. Please remember to keep all important documents with you - Wallet, Passport, Boarding Passes - as this will be the last time you see the luggage until you board the ship. The luggage will be delivered directly to your stateroom by a member of the Cruise staff.

We our delighted to offer this service to you at no additional cost, however if you would like to offer a gratuity to the bellman they would be highly appreciative of this gesture.

Friends we were traveling with last year, used this service. It went really well according to them. By "inspecting the luggage" I think they mean that you sign over the number of bags to the porter.

We may be staying at the Pan Pacific for our cruise on the Millie to Alaska in Sept.

Thanks everyone ~ it's always good to see so many helpful people here :)

I just got another reply back from the PP and here it is:

I think the most important part of this process is to make sure that you are present in the room. If you are not present in the room the bellman will not collect the luggage from your room. In terms of the inspection maybe I wasn't clear enough but this is just to ensure that the luggage is tagged and will ensure that both the bellman and the cruise staff will know where the luggage is going - especially when there are 4 different Cruise lines docked here at Canada Place.

Have a great day.

Archived