QM2 cabin 11026

cruzadict

I have just been notified that we have been upgraded from B2 to A2 cabin for our upcoming transatlantic. It is cabin number 11026 which is quite forward. Has anyone stayed in this cabin on a transatlantic and if so could you notice much movement. Our original cabin was 5184 which was quite central. I have spoken to my travel agent who doesn't seem to think that there is anything that can be done to alter it.

I have just been notified that we have been upgraded from B2 to A2 cabin for our upcoming transatlantic. It is cabin number 11026 which is quite forward. Has anyone stayed in this cabin on a transatlantic and if so could you notice much movement. Our original cabin was 5184 which was quite central. I have spoken to my travel agent who doesn't seem to think that there is anything that can be done to alter it.

Hi

I had an 11 night cruise in 11011 (which is even further forward than 11026 although an inside) and didn't notice any movement at all. On the other hand, I had a "balcony" cabin forward on deck 5 (5032) on a crossing and had one night where I could feel the room rise and fall when lying in bed.

I really wouldn't worry about it, QM2 is a VERY stable ship, if you go thinking you'll be ill you may well be. Try to be positive.

If you really do feel unwell, my advice, after seeing loads of people over many years at sea, who start to feel ill, is to get up and go out onto your balcony for fresh air, look at the horizon (ie, don't lay around in the dark or inside where you can't see the ocean) and your brain will work out that whilst the ship is moving (which it can't if you're locked away in an enclosed space, your eyes tell your brain that the room is staionary while your balance tells your brain that the room is moving - result, seasick!) the horizon is not! With that fixed point of reference everything will be fine I'm sure.

There are also shots available on board which I'm told are very effective.

Have a great time. Deck 11 is a great location. Only two decks down is the Commodore Club and one deck up is the Pavilion Pool! Your Cabin is very Handy for the "B" lifts and stairs. Enjoy your crossing.

Thanks pepper, we have done numerous trips on the QM2 but on the transatlantic ones have always had a hull balcony. We never normally suffer from sea sickness but if the seas are rough i know that you feel it more the higher up and further forward you are. We will just have to spend more time in the Chart room or the Commodore Club!!

Archived