St. Maarten shore excursions

jaxflygirl88

Hi all

We are going on RCI Freedom of the seas May 17-24. Have never been to St. Maarten and are considering 2 excursions and wanted some feedback on:

1- Rhino riders and

2- Lord Sheffield's pirate for a day cruise

or anything else fun to do in a short day at St Maarten.

Thanks!

First I want to say, you will absolutely LOVE RCCL Freedom of the Seas. We went in January.

Second, St. Maartin, we always book Golden Eagle Catamaran. It is a lot of fun. Takes you on an hour or hour and half (depending on seas) trip to a private island. If you have little ones with you, I warn you that it is on the French side and is clothing optional. You can sunbathe or snorkel or swim, or just stay on the catamaran. Beer, pop, rum punch, and sub sandwiches all in included.

Have a wonderful time.

Hi all

We are going on RCI Freedom of the seas May 17-24. Have never been to St. Maarten and are considering 2 excursions and wanted some feedback on:

1- Rhino riders and

2- Lord Sheffield's pirate for a day cruise

or anything else fun to do in a short day at St Maarten.

Thanks!

My Kids (age 22 at the time) and husband LOVED the Rhino Riders when we went 2 years ago! I didn't go, so can't answer q's about it. But, they had a blast!

• 2 weeks later...

I booked the Lord Sheffield for my group of 21....we had the boat to ourselves because it only holds 25.

Everyone enjoyed it. Well worth the money......BUT if anyone is prone to sea sickness be carefull because its not a catamaran.

We also loved the Rhino boats. Very safe and easy to do. Snorkling site was not great, but the ride was great! If you go and plan to wear glasses/sunglasses be sure to bring one of those rope holders for your glasses. They do sell them at the hut when you arrive at the dock.

We also did the Golden Eagle Catamaran and loved it, too.

Have fun!

After much deliberating, I decided to book an island tour with Bernard. I just heard there are so many great things to see there and don't want to miss out by being out on the water all day, so I'm sure we'll have a great day with Bernard. Thank you!

Archived