Is Bahamas Next?

Qtvagurl11

I'd rather be on the beach in the Bahamas, I'm in contact with far more people on a daily basis where I live! And unlike the Bahamas we know for a fact that this flu is here in the USA.

Wash your hands, cover your mouth, yell at your sick co-workers to go home, makes sure you have a weeks worth of food and water at home if you're really worried, etc...

I live in Maryland and there are 6 confirmed cases. One is at a High School where my daughter's High School competes againest in sports. I really am not worried.

I am leaving on the Pride on June 20th and I trying not to worry about the Bahamas . Actually if they reroute I will be fine since Bahama's isn't my favorite port anyway. I just love cruising and am more about the cruise then the ports anyway.

I live in Maryland and there are 6 confirmed cases. One is at a High School where my daughter's High School competes againest in sports. I really am not worried.

I am leaving on the Pride on June 20th and I trying not to worry about the Bahamas . Actually if they reroute I will be fine since Bahama's isn't my favorite port anyway. I just love cruising and am more about the cruise then the ports anyway.

It's just been updated to 8. Same here with my child completing against the high school with the reported case. I'm not to worried at this point but the kids just ask about our cruise on June 19th. I told them it is too far out to worry at this time.

There are 36,000 deaths a year from regular flu. That averages out to almost 100 deaths A DAY, compare that to the latest numbers of a couple hundred infected over the last week. It's the flu with a different name IMO. The only death reported from it in the U.S. was a mexican toddler that was brought here for medical attention. I'm sure if the news posted graphs of everyone that has come down with the flu this past season it would blanket the globe but since it didn't have a catchy name they didn't bother with it.

There are 36,000 deaths a year from regular flu. That averages out to almost 100 deaths A DAY, compare that to the latest numbers of a couple hundred infected over the last week. It's the flu with a different name IMO. The only death reported from it in the U.S. was a mexican toddler that was brought here for medical attention. I'm sure if the news posted graphs of everyone that has come down with the flu this past season it would blanket the globe but since it didn't have a catchy name they didn't bother with it.

Our local paper does graph flus and other illnesses. The part that is panicing most people (that I'm in contact with) is the closing of schools, public places and work places. Am I worried? no Am I going to be more

cautious about people I'm near and places I go? yes, just like whe other illnesses are going around

Archived