Table for two?

SJChaput

I was talking to another couple about a Carnival cruise they had gone on and they said they shared a table with people they didn't know. That seems strange to me. Is this normal? Are there tables for two?

We're going on our first cruise and our honeymoon. I think it would be odd to share a dinner table with strangers.

Is it awkward? (assuming I have to share a table)

We have done both. The cruises where we have shared a table with strangers have always gone well. Carnival seems to match folks pretty well, none of our table mates have been totally incompatible.

We have also asked to be assigned to a table for two, which we were granted. It was nice to have a spot just for the two of us, we'll be doing so again next week for our honeymoon cruise.

We've never had tablemates that we didn't enjoy dining with. However, they do have tables for two and will be happy to change your seating to one of them....if they can. You will need to go to the dining room where the maitre'd is at about 1:30 the day you board the ship. There will be a line of people who want to change their dining seating. Don't worry. It will be fine!

yeah, it should work out fine. My DH and I were on our honeymoon a couple yrs ago and we wanted a table for 2. As soon as we boarded, we went to see where the dining room was located and someone was there already changing people's seating. So, as soon as you board, find the dining room so you know where to go to request a change. And try to get there kinda early cause it's first come, first serve. I'm sure it'll work out fine.

Enjoy your first cruise! You'll have a blast!:D:D

I was talking to another couple about a Carnival cruise they had gone on and they said they shared a table with people they didn't know. That seems strange to me. Is this normal? Are there tables for two?

We're going on our first cruise and our honeymoon. I think it would be odd to share a dinner table with strangers.

Is it awkward? (assuming I have to share a table)

We have gone on 3 cruises and sat with people each cruise...we enjoyed each one, even the first when we had this really odd couple we sat with...we still enjoyed talking to them at dinner and finding out what they did that day...hub and I spend most of our cruise alone and together; to eat dinner with others is kinda fun. On a cruise (you will find out)...most people are just other cruisers having a good time...I suggest you check it out for a night or two and if you don't like it, ask the Maitre D' to change you to a table for 2. Good luck and be prepared to become cruise junkies:eek:

Archived