Miami Transportation - What's the best way to get around?

RigleysMommy

I'll be flying into MIA at noon the day of my cruise, I want to know the quickest and best priced transportation to the port. After the cruise, I want to go from the Port to South Beach to spend the day and then from South Beach to the Airport for a late evening flight home. Any suggestions? Should we just go with a cab or is there a flat-rate type of transfer service we should consider? Carnival's transfers are $16pp, but I've heard that a cab is only $24. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks for your time!

I found a private limo/towncar through a website that sends you muliple bids from different company's in the area. For a family of 5, the rates were better then cruise company transfers and a taxi. You may just want to consider a taxi locally, but you might want to try this and see what prices you get.

Depends on how big your party is. From MIA to POM is a flat rate of $24 + tip; depending upon how much luggage your are bringing you can fit 3-4 in a regular cab - more if it is a mini-van style vehicle. You can use this link to estimate cab fares within Miami: http://www.miami-airport.com/html/taxi_and_shuttle_service.html

Looks like, depending on where in South Beach you get the cab, the fare back to the airport will be in the $32-37 range. Good luck!:)

Archived